Administrative AssistantApply Now Full Job Title: Administrative Assistant Job Number: R1906-13095 Location: Baltimore, Maryland Date Posted: 06/03/2019
The Administrative Assistant supports the in-house litigation legal staff. Provides support in the areas of preparing and processing invoices, payments, legal documents, correspondence, researching/exchanging information, and providing confidential administrative support. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is a good communicator, resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
Specifically, this position:
- Provides confidential assistance and support to professional legal staff.
- Responds to requests for information as appropriate; conducts necessary research to respond to specific inquiries.
- Coordinates legal activities and documents.
- Coordinates and maintains outside counsel and third party legal vendor invoicing.
- Maintains attorney calendars including events, meetings, due dates, and schedules and notify participants as needed.
- Creates, maintains, and organizes files.
- Prepares summaries, spreadsheets, and reports as assigned.
- Reviews incoming documents and correspondences for accuracy and validity; ensures that any deadlines are known and complied with.
- Utilizes current technologies to enter, store, and/or retrieve information as required.
- Establishes and maintains a variety of complex files.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Operation of computers, scanners and related software and business applications including, but not limited to: word processing, creation of macros and templates, spreadsheets, presentation software, databases, window OS, Web browser, cloud-based services and programs, email, imaging and scanning.
- Learn technologies as necessary for the performance of duties, including, but not limited to redacting and media duplication.
- Learn and apply policy, methods, and current technologies in the performance of duties.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Communicate effectively and be comfortable working as part of a team.
- Create and maintain complex and extensive records and reports.
- Analyze complex situations and implement effective solutions.
- Respond to questions and request for information in an efficient, appropriate, and professional manner.
- Perform duties independently without close supervision.
- Three years of increasingly responsible administrative and/or clerical experience or experience in a directly related field requiring performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- High School diploma or GED required, supplemented by specialized business, legal, administrative, or technical course work.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with office software including Microsoft Office, with expertise in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- A high level of organizational skills.
- Prior legal administrative experience preferred.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.