Associate Creative Copy DirectorApply Now Full Job Title: Associate Creative Copy Director Job Number: R2001-17215 Location: Baltimore, Maryland Date Posted: 01/13/2020
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
The OneMain Marketing Department is seeking an Associate Creative Copy Director
The ACD, copy, is the creative force behind OneMain’s voice and message to our customers and prospects. We are seeking a leader and creator, writing copy for various channels such as Web, email, social/digital, direct mail, print, retail and internal communications, but most importantly, conveying the voice and tone of the brand through execution and direction. Reporting to the Creative Director, he/she will work closely with internal clients and team members to bring strategic, innovative concepts that tell the brand story and compel our audiences to action.
- Create the brand voice and tone that helps differentiate OneMain
- Manage and mentor a current internal team of two, along with multiple outside vendors
- Work with the Creative Account Manager to assign projects and attend kick off meetings
- Working with the Creative Director, lead brainstorms and concept-development sessions
- Concept and write content that ties to an omnichannel strategy:
- Web, email, social/digital, direct mail, print, events and internal communications
- Partner with design peers to concept advertising and engagement concepts
- Work closely with various outside vendors in various capacities – brainstorming, writing, editing and managing
- Demonstrated high-level conception skills that result in strategic messaging platforms
- A strong desire to understand the needs and wants of our audiences and our competitive environment
- Possess an eye for good writing and the ability to build a powerful story
- Ability to quickly grasp assignments and determine next steps
- Can juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Have a method for managing and mentoring a growing copy team
- Ability to collaborate with peers and coworkers and create an inclusive creative environment
- Demonstrated experience in working with an omnichannel content strategy
- Solid presenter that can back up work with a clear rationale
- Proficiency in Word, PPT and InDesign
- 8+ years of experience of marketing copy development, with at least 3 years at an agency. Financial experience a plus
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.