Enterprise Monitoring SpecialistApply Now Full Job Title: Enterprise Monitoring Specialist Job Number: R1907-14150 Location: Baltimore, Maryland Date Posted: 08/02/2019
The Enterprise Monitoring Specialist is responsible for monitoring events and incidents that affect server and service health across the Enterprise. The Specialist is responsible for immediately escalating unusual activity identified during the monitoring process, to minimize/eliminate impact to business operations. This is accomplished using a wide variety of tools across all applications, mainframe, platforms, services, databases, networks and servers.
- A solid understanding of IT infrastructure and application in terms of pro-active monitoring processes / procedure including SLA / SLO.
- Experience and understanding of various application monitoring tools structure / configurations such as – SolarWinds, Grafana, AppDynamics, TIVOLI, EM7, WhatsUp Gold, Nagios, OpsRamp, CA7, Mainview and ServiceNow.
- Create and/or generates daily and monthly reports for monitored services managed by the Enterprise Monitoring Team.
- Responds to investigation requests for missed events and works with customer to create new monitoring objectives in order to close gaps in processes.
- Monitors, reviews, assigns and problem tickets and ensures all tickets are resolved with Service Level guidelines.
- Confers with appropriate engineering and/or applications development area(s) to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems, makes recommendations to improve effectiveness. Ensure proper escalations are performed and accurate turnovers are provided.
- Strategic, solutions-oriented, big-picture thinking and attention to detail, Interest in improving processes regularly
- Good understanding and skills in documentation using MS Office tools (Visio, Excel, Word & Share point), and Information analysis and report writing including graphs, pivot tables etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, high-energy, good personality, quick learner with excellent analytical skills, ability to work both independently and as a member of a team with a solid work ethic, and collaborative in personal style, and have a history of working well with others as a good team player.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.