Head of Learning and DevelopmentApply Now Full Job Title: Head of Learning and Development Job Number: R2001-17232 Location: Baltimore, Maryland Date Posted: 01/13/2020
OneMain Financial operates as the largest lending-exclusive financial company in the United States with more than 1,500 locations in 44 states and 2.4 customer accounts. The company offers responsible loan products, both secured and unsecured, along with optional insurance products.
While the company has traditionally operated through its branch-based network, it is in the process of adding centralized and digital capabilities to engage with customers and do business through multiple channels. This evolution could also include additional product types and will entail diversifying and expanding its customer base.
In the last 18 months the company has had a change of controlling shareholders and has brought on a new CEO, who is building out a senior management team that will take this great institution with a strong market position to the next level.
The Head of Learning and Organization Development sets enterprise learning strategy and execution for Leadership education, HR compliance education, development programs, performance management processes, talent assessment, succession, cultural initiatives, career pathing, workforce planning, and gap analysis. This requires a broad and current knowledge of active learning techniques for adult learners; learning modalities, including emerging technology; organizational development methodologies, analytics and human capital measurement. Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, this role is responsible for building the company's human capital by instilling and reinforcing a strong, engaged culture with programs that align to the company’s strategy and growth plans.
- Serves as the senior leader supporting learning and development across all aspects of people management and processes. Focuses on execution. Leverages appropriate resources to drive the design, development and delivery of development interventions/solutions.
- Develops and executes the enterprise learning strategy by refining existing processes and implementing strategic programs which map to business needs in the areas of performance management, HR compliance, professional/leadership, leadership development and succession planning. He/she will evolve the leadership development framework to close existing talent gaps throughout the organization.
- Serves as senior leader supporting change management and culture building initiatives
- Creates and drives a learning strategy that aligns with and supports the company strategic and growth plan and future human capital needs.
- Provides leadership, consultation and advice in areas of talent development, executive development, performance management and organizational effectiveness. Direct and lead the development of strategic integrated solutions that address causes affecting performance by providing assessments and data analysis that lead to effective learning and development opportunities.
- Ensure engaging, appropriate learning techniques are applied with the appropriate learning modality.
- Master’s Degree Required in organizational development, human resources, or other learning/business related coursework
- A minimum of 10 years of successful multiple location, direct team leadership
- Over 10 years leading a training/OD team in a fast paced, high growth organization
- Has worked for a multi-state and multi-site company
- Experience working with C-Suite
- Certifications such as Change Management & CPLP a plus
- Travel required
- Pragmatic knowledge of leadership competency frameworks and a variety of proven practices, tools and techniques that help leaders develop in their jobs, with unique experiences and well-designed programs
- Proven ability to create a mindset shift and adoption across a variety of stakeholders, using proven change management practices
- Experience leveraging relevant training modality approaches (e.g., experiential, social, classroom, virtual, AI)
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to use analytical tools/systems
- Experience working with highly dispersed workforce of non-exempt and exempt workforce
- Ability to collaborate with internal/external business partners using a consultative approach to identify business goals and performance gaps
- Expertise with resolving difficult conflicts over complex issues
- Proven experience in developing, implementing and monitoring human resource metrics across the organization
- Commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Proven presentation and communications skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent judgment and unquestioned integrity
- Demonstrated ability to work across disciplines
- Exceptional communicator internally and externally
- Strategic, creative and entrepreneurial
- Balance strategic thinking and operational delivery
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.