Instructional DesignerApply Now Full Job Title: Instructional Designer Job Number: R1905-12703 Location: Baltimore, Maryland Date Posted: 05/15/2019
Founded over 100 years ago, OneMain is America’s premier personal finance company. Our company provides personal loans, insurance, and other related financial products to more than 2.4 million consumers in communities across the country through a network of over 1,600 branches with more than 10,000 employees. We are committed to responsible lending, regulatory compliance, and an active program of outreach to the Investment Community.
The Instructional Designer collaborates with business partners to provide engaging learning solutions that change behaviors. Customers include the branch network, all corporate functions, as well as all support businesses. Topics include systems, sales, products, management, leadership, HR topics, soft skills, regulatory and compliance. Products include job aids, multi-media and coaching tools. Focusing on a blended approach, modalities include live, distance, online, with close attention to multi-media and emerging technology; creating interactive content, which supports strategic goals and yields greatest return on investment.
- 65% Curricula Development: Developing learning experiences for instructor led classroom, virtual, mobile, online content, and social learning using appropriate instructional design methodology, practices and core software tools.
- 20% Analyze and Recommend: Analyzing data and recommend creative solutions for performance improvement addressing knowledge and skill gaps for business problems. Identify alternative learning solutions based on existing conditions including effectiveness, quality, and cost/benefit analysis for each alternative solution.
- 10% Project Management: Managing projects to completion, while monitoring and addressing any issues or risks that develop. Ensure all agreed upon deliverables and milestone dates are met.
- 5% Editing, Testing, Peer Review, Course Maintenance and Improvement: Following quality review processes per Work Standards for the Learning Department, to ensure a high-quality training solution is deployed.
Skills and Competencies:
- Can effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably and act decisively without having the total picture
- Demonstrated understanding of ADDIE model, emerging adult learning practices and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to develop and update training such as instructor led, virtual sessions and e-learning and job aids with a variety of design software
- Takes initiative to learn new/unfamiliar software such as: Lectora, Captivate, Storyline, Adobe Connect, Camtasia, WebEx, MS Office
- Demonstrated ability to perform minor video and audio editing as needed for online projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage own projects including creation of project plans to ensure project deliverables meet agreed upon timeframes and quality standards
- Demonstrated ability to multitask while working with and through others in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, HR, Education or related field
- Minimum 1-3 years Instructional Design
- OneMain offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive base pay with additional incentives and bonuses.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, holiday and vacation time off
Want to know more? Text OneMain to 97211
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.