Intern- Change Management (Emerging Technologies)Apply Now Full Job Title: Intern- Change Management (Emerging Technologies) Job Number: R1909-15001 Location: Baltimore, Maryland Date Posted: 09/10/2019
Internship – Change Management - Emerging Technologies Area
Doing things the human way since 1912. We know. It seems silly to brag about having real humans who help you. But think about it. When’s the last time your computer truly listened to you? Or an app gave you a high-five?
We believe when it comes to your financial future, you deserve more. Because you’re more than an automated response or online form. You deserve real help from lending experts who really care. And with us, that’s exactly what you’ll get. Plus, a few other things you can only find from a real human being.
OneMain is the largest consumer finance company in the United States. We have over 2.5 million active customers, ~1,600 branches in 44 states and seven central operations sites. 88% of Americans are within driving distance of a OneMain branch. In addition to offering personal loans, OneMain offers a variety of credit and non-credit insurance products.
OneMain is currently in the process of significantly enhancing our Omnichannel and Digital capabilities in order to allow our customers to interact with us when and how they choose. We are working to deploy Robotics Processing Automation (RPA) and Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR) utilizing Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies to automate business processes.
Gain valuable experience with a leader in the field!
OneMain Financial is looking for college students with a focus in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, or other technically related STEM fields interested in emerging Technologies analysis, design, and development Internship with our Change Management Team.
Be part of the team leveraging emerging technologies like RPA and ICR to automate a wide variety of business processes. There are many opportunities from simple well-structured use cases to complex use cases that would require creative solutions. Some sample use cases are:
- Income Verification: Income documents like paystubs, have hundreds of variations. It is not possible to program for all these variations and automation leveraging machine learning and artificial intelligence tools is needed.
- Loan Audits: Leverage RPA and ICR to intelligently compare data in documents with what is on system screens.
You will work alongside team members who understand the Business and be given the opportunity to learn RPA and CDP tools.
The rewards your commitment deserves!
This is a paid internship. We provide complete training and support. Upon graduation, successful interns may continue their career as a Full-Time member at OneMain Financial. Additional opportunities are available for those demonstrating leadership skills and a willingness to relocate.
- Learn and develop skills in Emerging Technologies like Robotic Process Automation, Cognitive OCR, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, and Machine Learning
- Work with Business Analysts and Program Managers to understand the use case to be automated
- Design and architect the solution
- Develop, unit test, and implement the solution
- Create related documentation
- Join project meetings and work directly with Business users
- Develop skills to communicate with business professionals at multiple levels across the organization
The right qualifications for success
Ideal candidates for a OneMain Financial internship will have high energy and the drive to succeed, and will fit the following profile:
- Local college sophomores, juniors and seniors in a STEM-related field.
- Energetic, organized, and skilled with today’s technologies. Willing to research and learn new technologies.
- Programming experience on projects
- Highly self-motivated, directed with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to dedicate, at minimum, 12 hours per week. (Schedule will be flexible based on student schedule and academic responsibilities related to current semester course load.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.