Lead AuditorApply Now Full Job Title: Lead Auditor Job Number: R2001-17370 Location: Baltimore, Maryland; Irving, Texas Date Posted: 01/23/2020
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
We are growing! We are currently seeking a Lead Auditor for our Internal Audit Team. This role can be based in Irving TX or Baltimore MD.
As a Lead Auditor reporting to the Operations Audit Director you will perform compliance and operational audits that you control from planning to issuance of the audit report. You will be responsible for understanding all the risks in the areas you audit, be able to evaluate and test control designs as well as determine the effectiveness of those controls. To be successful in this role, you must be able to quickly understand moderate to complex issues and effectively communicate them both orally and in writing. You will be expected to take a leadership role on the Operations Audit Team and provide high-level assistance to the Director. To ensure your success, we have a comprehensive training program that requires you to work alongside a seasoned internal auditor for 3-6 months.
- Independently evaluates operating processes and policies
- Identifies process design and operational control gaps
- Assists with the identification of risks and controls
- Tracks and tests the effectiveness of corrective action plans that are expected to remediate identified issues
- Accurately documents, evaluates, and communicates the results and conclusions of all audit work performed
- Will need to travel to meet with clients and perform testing approximately 10% of the time
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree, and a graduate degree a definite plus
- Audit-related certification (e.g., Certified Internal Auditor) 4+ years of audit experience
- Experience dealing with compliance and regulatory matters. Lending industry knowledge a definite plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Should have basic data analytics experience and a solid Excel knowledge
Benefits and compensation:
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.