Lead CopywriterApply Now Full Job Title: Lead Copywriter Job Number: R1909-15334 Location: Baltimore, Maryland Date Posted: 10/01/2019
As a Lead Copywriter for OneMain Financial, you will combine an expertise in copywriting with a strong understanding and passion for creating work that drives results. This role will lead the development of marketing communications that solve for business objectives, align with our customer’s mindset and deliver on our brand. You must demonstrate the ability to translate complex financial language and turn it into easy-to understand, influential and actionable copy.
- Partner with marketing and business owners to develop copy on campaigns, marketing communications and content; from creative briefing through concept development and final execution.
- Partner with art directors, designers and writers to develop fresh concepts and storytelling ideas that accomplish project objectives, maximize the impact of each marketing message, and ensure accuracy in all finished products.
- Apply in-depth, critical thinking about the business, the role of each channel and customer journeys to all projects to tailor copy and creative solutions that best fit the needs of each touchpoint.
- Apply an understanding of our customers and their mindsets to develop copy that best addresses customer needs while solving for the business objective.
- Provide clear and concise direction to team members in terms of developing copy, concepts, understanding objectives, thinking creatively. Provide creative feedback and guidance to team members, other copywriters and designers, as well as external vendors to ensure tone, creative and strategy aligns with our brand.
- Create relevant and compelling content and copy across all customer channels including digital, social, email, print, collateral and signage; and for internal stakeholders including corporate, sales, training and human resources.
- Develop copy to support content development, including SEO-optimized copy for OneMain Financial’s website and original content to engage customers and prospects on social media and digital channels
- Work with Creative Directors and Art Director in executing the long-term vision for the brand's voice across all channels and contribute to a full brand toolkit for all internal/external stakeholders to leverage.
- At least 7 years of experience in Advertising/Marketing/Brand/Creative copywriting.
- Creative thinker with a solid portfolio that showcases range, creativity and strong writing.
- Must be able to turn around copy under high-pressured timelines, take feedback and adapt copy to fit changes.
- Must be able to provide constructive feedback and help manage creative team deadlines.
- Experience writing and developing creative in-house for a brand preferred.
- Expert understanding of marketing campaign development and the various mediums and channels to execute a campaign: print, video/film, social, digital marketing, email, promotions, e-commerce, retail, wholesale.
- Ability to write for several different audiences at once.
- Experience communicating and working alongside multiple departments, ability to present work in a meeting environment to top-level executives and peers.
- Ability to take responsibility for all copy management and delegation on complex projects concurrently.
- Comfortable with working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.