Lead UX Designer - ServicingApply Now Full Job Title: Lead UX Designer - Servicing Job Number: R2108-26543 Location: Baltimore, Maryland; Irving, Texas; New York, New York; Charlotte, North Carolina; Evansville, Indiana; Fort Worth, Texas; Wilmington, Delaware Date Posted: 08/09/2021
OneMain (NYSE: OMF) is the largest non-bank lender in the United States and a leading consumer finance company. With nearly 1,400 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases.
OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
We’re constantly innovating with a customer-centered approach to research, create, and deliver meaningful impact. We’re investing in building and scaling industry-leading lending digital applications and experiences for our customers. In particular, this role will be focused on the platforms that serve existing, authenticated customers across web and native applications. We will aim to deliver value in the short term as we also seek to reimagine our experiences over time. By understanding our customers’ needs deeply, we aim to create experiences guided by ease, empathy and encouragement.
We are seeking a Lead UX Designer to contribute to the success of our websites and mobile applications. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, reliable, detailed, and driven to produce high quality work. This individual must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do as the Lead Designer
- Partner closely with Product Managers, UI Engineers, Marketing, and SEO to take conceptual ideas and turn them into functional and discoverable product features.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas to push the evolution of our product, including online and offline cross-channel experiences
- Be our customer advocate -- talk to them, analyze their behavior, step into their shoes, and help us define and evolve our customer personas
- Lead and design elegant, simple, human-centric flows and experiences as we define new initiatives and iterate on existing features
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers, product management, and engineering during weekly reviews and standups
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions and participate in ad-hoc whiteboarding sessions.
- Use, maintain, and expand a design system that delivers a consistent and on-brand experience throughout all of our digital experiences, both website and mobile apps.
Skills and experience you’ll need
- Minimum of 8 years designing mobile-first and responsive web pages
- Knowledge of UX best practices and trends
- Proficiency with design authoring and prototyping tools such as:
Figma, XD , Sketch, InVision, Adobe Suite
- Experience creating functional prototypes
- Strong understanding of information hierarchy and typography
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Bonus points if you have
- A passion for building web and mobile app products
- Financial services experience
- Experience working in an agile environment for a growing company
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That’s why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
- Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Bonus eligible
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time
- And more
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company, a trusted name in lending for over 100 years. Since 2005 alone, we have looked beyond customers credit scores to lend more than $152 billion to 16.2 million people looking for simple, affordable loans.
With branches across 44 states, we're proud partners of the families and communities we serve. They turn to us to help meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills and auto purchases. It’s all about doing the right thing – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.