Managing Director, Software Engineering - Marketing TechnologyApply Now Full Job Title: Managing Director, Software Engineering - Marketing Technology Job Number: R2006-19123 Location: Baltimore, Maryland Date Posted: 06/23/2020
OneMain is the largest non-bank lender in the United States.
One of our critical and highly visible initiatives is building and scaling industry-leading lending digital applications and experiences for our customers. A critical component of that growth will be implementation and integration of marketing technology. We’re seeking a senior leader to build, and oversee the performance of a team that will architect, help select, implement and integrate marketing technologies based on a firm understanding of our business objectives and strong partnerships with leaders across the organization.
You will build, and guide the success of talented engineering teams, ensuring we deliver sound features at the leading edge of digital lending at a consistent pace. The ideal candidate will have the ability to interface with leaders and manage up and down to help balance a desire for perfectionism with the need for pragmatism.
What we will want you to do:
- Lead the definition of an appropriate marketing technology platform for our business objectives
- Work with business partners to define scope, outcomes, and priorities
- Grow the technical organization to support the marketing technology platform
- Break down needs and desires into projects with achievable milestone plans and manage teams to deliverables
- Interface directly with company and technology leaders to ensure your teams’ activities align with overall product and company goals
- Ensure optimal implementation and integration of marketing technologies
- Guide staff along their career paths and provide feedback; oversee cadence of meetings, code reviews and project management
- Identify and mitigate risks
- Contribute to our strategic technology planning
- Assist with flushing out, prioritizing, and driving our technology roadmap
- Partner with other key stakeholders and engineering teams to remove barriers and ensure proper alignment with business objectives as well as integrations with other tools and processes
Skills or Experience we want you to have:
- At least 12 years of leading robust engineering teams in an agile environment
- 10+ years of knowledge of marketing technology platforms, including performance and affiliate marketing, automation platforms, CMS integrations
- Gravitas to interface with and influence leaders across an organization with poise
- Track record of fostering and building a culture of success, accountability and teamwork
- Experience supporting e-commerce platforms, preferably B2C
- Experience in guiding development of observable systems with robust metrics and alerts
- Ability to navigate a nimble environment and drive success in unknown territory
- Computer science or engineering degree
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.