Public Policy and Government Relations AnalystApply Now Full Job Title: Public Policy and Government Relations Analyst Job Number: R2002-17672 Location: Baltimore, Maryland Date Posted: 02/13/2020
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work –a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
We are growing! We are currently seeking a Public Policy and Government Relations Analyst in Baltimore, MD. The Public Policy Analyst will be expected to develop and refine valuable skills including: policy and data analysis, composition of persuasive and compelling presentation, talking points, and white papers. The analyst will also receive mentoring with the objective of developing into a successful government affairs, regulatory, or legal executive over the long term.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with Government Relations Team on strategic planning, message development, project management, and group financial management
- Work closely with Government Relations team in preparation and review of testimony, talking points, white papers, and other key communications materials
- Support community engagement, political engagement, and corporate philanthropy initiatives
- Prepare presentations and other documents to support Government Relations priorities
- Manage and support relationships with state and federal consultants
- Other duties as assigned
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience and/or strong relevant internships
- Bachelor’s degree - public policy, economics, political science, government, or law preferred
- Interest in public policy, economics, political science, or law
- Strong writing, presentation, and organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently
At OneMain, we know that in order for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes: health and wellbeing options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.