Risk ManagerApply Now Full Job Title: Risk Manager Job Number: R2001-17366 Location: Baltimore, Maryland; Wilmington, Delaware; New York, New York Date Posted: 01/22/2020
Who we are:
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
We are growing! We are currently seeking a Risk Manager for our Risk Team. This position can sit in our Baltimore MD, Wilmington DE or NYC Corporate Office.
Job Description: The successful candidate will become part of a dynamic team focused on a variety of high-priority Operational Risk and Control initiatives. This individual will help ensure all material risks are properly identified, measured, understood, reported, monitored, and managed. Must be self-motivated, perform well under pressure, able to meet deadlines, and deliver quality results.
- With limited supervision, support the identification, measurement, and mitigation of material risks in the organization
- Support the implementation, governance, and improvement of the Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA) Program to include report development and assessment execution
- Support the Issue Management process to include root cause, categorization, remediation activities
- Support the identification and tracking of key risk indicators and operational loss events
- Support the Archer GRC implementation and administration of all Operational Risk activities
- Support various business projects to address specific risk issues, working with business leaders and functional partners to analyze and quantify risks, assess solutions or mitigation activities, and develop remediation plans
- Promote a culture of risk awareness and accountability through training, education, and risk management consultative support
- Employ analytical skills and industry/functional knowledge to propose innovative solutions and validate feasibility of approaches
- Create and deliver communications for various levels of stakeholders, from team member to senior executive
- Formulate and incorporate successes and lessons learned into best practices in the support of risk policies, procedure and methodologies
- Travel approximately 25%
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in Risk Management
- Prior experience implementing and supporting Operational Risk programs
- Strong analytical skills and experience developing scorecards and reporting
- Experience with one or more Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance (GRC) platforms (Archer preferred)
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines (e.g. – CFPB, OCC, etc.) for consumer finance
- Experience managing projects including planning, implementation, and reporting
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship building and team facilitation skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills including influencing without direct management
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with all levels of management
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (e.g. – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.