Software Engineer Lead - Full StackApply Now Full Job Title: Software Engineer Lead - Full Stack Job Number: R2108-26602 Location: Virginia; Irving, Texas; New York, New York; Charlotte, North Carolina; Evansville, Indiana; Fort Worth, Texas; Wilmington, Delaware Date Posted: 08/13/2021
Our Digital team at OneMain has the nimble, collaborative, and progressive approach of a startup while being financially backed by one of the nation’s largest lenders. We offer an opportunity to work in a cooperative and inclusive environment with people who value hard work and fresh ideas. If a team member here has an idea for how we can improve our tech stack or methodologies, we want to hear it. This role is remote-friendly! Come work in our office in Downtown Chicago or from wherever suits you best.
You'll work as part of a full-stack agile development team to design and implement web applications at the leading edge of digital lending. You will innovate, adapt, and build lasting and scalable solutions from scratch.
What you will do
● Steer the design and implementation of large features for our API endpoints and
customer-facing web applications
● Identify requirements gaps and negotiate scope with stakeholders
● Write automated tests and ensure comprehensive test coverage
● Assist with verifying the features you developed are working successfully in production.
We do multiple daily releases whenever features are ready.
● Review and provide feedback on pull requests from your peers.
● Become the subject matter expert for several areas of our applications
● Guide other engineers to the right solutions
Skills and experience you’ll need
● Minimum of 5 years of experience developing web applications
● At least 3 years of Ruby on Rails experience
● Experience with concurrent, service-oriented, and object-oriented programming
● Building and consuming RESTful APIs
● Ability to independently identify solutions to problems
● Ability to troubleshoot issues in code with no prior context
● Ability to write SQL queries for troubleshooting and feature acceptance
Bonus points if you have
● Experience working in Financial Services industry
● Experience working in a nimble and agile environment
● Worked with a TDD workflow
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That’s why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
- Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Bonus eligible
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time
- And more
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company, a trusted name in lending for over 100 years. Since 2005 alone, we have looked beyond customers credit scores to lend more than $152 billion to 16.2 million people looking for simple, affordable loans.
With branches across 44 states, we're proud partners of the families and communities we serve. They turn to us to help meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills and auto purchases. It’s all about doing the right thing – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.