Software Engineer - Ruby on RailsApply Now Full Job Title: Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails Job Number: R2203-30112 Location: Baltimore, Maryland; Irving, Texas; New York, New York; Charlotte, North Carolina; Evansville, Indiana; Fort Worth, Texas; Wilmington, Delaware Date Posted: 03/29/2022
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Engineer to join our growing Digital team. You'll work with our design and engineering teams to design and develop new features on our consumer facing website. The ideal candidate understands how to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time efficiently with consistent code and document quality. You will integrate and leverage our existing systems as you help build longer lasting and more scalable solutions.
What we will want you to do:
• Design and develop new features using Ruby on Rails.
• Design and develop APIs for frontend.
• Write automated tests and test infrastructure to support it.
• Troubleshoot production issues and research solutions to customer feedback.
• Keep up-to-date with ruby and rails design patterns.
Skills or Experience we want you to have:
• At least 3 years of Ruby on Rails experience
• Experience with building and consuming RESTful APIs
• Experience with running sql queries Bonus points if you have:
• Experience working in Financial Services industry
• Experience working in a startup environment
• Worked with a TDD workflow
• AWS experience, specifically with Kubernetes.
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That’s why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
Up to 4% matching 401(k)
Paid time off
Paid volunteer time
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company, a trusted name in lending for over 100 years. Since 2005 alone, we have looked beyond customers credit scores to lend more than $152 billion to 16.2 million people looking for simple, affordable loans.
With branches across 44 states, we're proud partners of the families and communities we serve. They turn to us to help meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills and auto purchases. It’s all about doing the right thing – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.