Fraud Strategy and Analytics ManagerApply Now Full Job Title: Fraud Strategy and Analytics Manager Job Number: R2208-33122 Location: Charlotte, North Carolina; Wilmington, Delaware; Baltimore, Maryland Date Posted: 11/10/2022
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company, proudly serving millions of customers with safe, affordable, and transparent installment loans. Our customers turn to us every day—online and at 1,400 branches in 44 states—to help them take control and improve their financial lives with solutions for debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. Our talented and dedicated team members constantly look for responsible ways to serve our customers when, where and how they want. It’s all about doing the right thing—a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
The Credit Card Fraud Strategy Manager will have an end-to-end accountability for fraud strategy performance across both digital credit card acquisitions and transactions. It is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to expand their responsibility beyond just the acquisition side or the transaction side and truly influence the way we are managing digital fraud defenses. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing fraud strategy performance daily and ensuring we are balancing between reducing fraud and maintaining minimum user friction.
Working with various partners, the role will also have responsibilities for fraud reporting to senior leadership, strategy implementation, testing and validation, and, as need arises, ad-hoc analyses for both acquisition and transactional fraud.
A successful candidate will expand their competencies and grow their business and industry acumen as we continue building out our fraud controls. They will gain knowledge to suggest new answers to old questions, develop insights and push the traditional boundaries of fraud detection. In addition, this candidate will need to demonstrate an ability to partner with the leadership team and develop solutions that are executable and meaningful in practice.
- Manage fraud acquisition and transaction strategies that balance loss prevention, sales growth, and customer experience.
- Collaborate with business partners to ensure fraud strategies are implemented accurately and on-time.
- Ensure a robust change management process is in place for rule changes.
- Optimize operational efficiency of manual reviews.
- Prepare and present regular fraud performance reporting and analytics results to management and business partners.
- Collaborate with Operational Risk partners to communicate awareness of fraud trends and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Economics, Business Management or Computer Science; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in quantitative risk analytics (credit card or personal loans); preferably at a financial institution.
- Advanced programming skills and knowledge in analytics and statistic tools (e.g. SAS, SQL, R, Python).
- Experience with writing fraud acquisition and transaction rules. Experience with Falcon, TSYS, and other authorization systems preferred.
- Innovative and capable of developing a highly analytical approach to solving problems.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.