Lead Android EngineerApply Now Full Job Title: Lead Android Engineer Job Number: R1812-9877 Location: Chicago, Illinois Date Posted: 12/17/2018
Our Digital team at OneMain has the nimble, collaborative, and progressive approach of a startup while being financially backed by one of the nation’s largest lenders. We offer an opportunity to work in a cooperative and inclusive environment with people who value hard work and fresh ideas. If a team member here has an idea for how we can improve our tech stack or methodologies, we want to hear it. We would consider someone working remotely or out of our office in downtown Chicago for this role.
We are looking for a lead mobile engineer. You'll join an agile development team to develop mobile applications at the leading edge of digital lending. You will innovate, adapt, and build lasting and solutions from scratch.
What we will want you to do:
- Design and develop new features for our Android app
- Work closely with Ruby on Rails engineers to design APIs for mobile app consumption
- Write automated tests and test infrastructure to support it
- Troubleshoot production issues and research solutions to customer feedback
- Keep up-to-date with Android design patterns
- Collaborate with iOS development team efficiently and effectively
- Mentor other mobile team members
Skills or Experience we want you to have:
- Experience developing native Android applications (Kotlin preferred)
- Experience with building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience applying material design guidelines and mobile interaction best practices to new feature designs
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in Financial Services industry
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Worked with a TDD workflow
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.