Manager, Software EngineerApply Now Full Job Title: Manager, Software Engineer Job Number: R1909-15388 Location: Chicago, Illinois Date Posted: 10/02/2019
Our Digital Technology team at OneMain Financial has the nimble, collaborative, and progressive approach of a startup while being financially backed by one of the nation’s largest lenders. We offer an opportunity to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment with people who value their work and who welcome fresh ideas. If a team member has an idea about improving our tech stack, our methodologies, or anything else, we want to hear it!
Our team is growing! We are currently seeking a Manager of Software Engineering to join our Digital team in downtown Chicago. With this great opportunity, you get to build out your own team and lead them in the planning, design, and development of our Ruby on Rails apps. The ideal candidate understands how to balance a desire for perfectionism with the need for pragmatism. You will integrate with and leverage our existing systems as you help build longer lasting and more scalable solutions from scratch.
You’ll contribute to the success of the team both as an individual contributor as well as a leader ensuring we deliver sound features at the leading edge of digital lending at a consistent pace. You will innovate, adapt, and build lasting and scalable solutions from scratch.
- Break down projects into reasonable MVPs
- Help maintain a sustainable engineering platform while also shipping features at a steady clip
- Ensure our production applications are stable and operating as expected.
- Guide engineers along their career paths and provide feedback
- Identify and address bottlenecks early
- Contribute to our strategic technology planning
- Assist with flushing out, prioritizing, and driving our product roadmap
- Design and develop new features for our apps as an individual contributor
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 1 year of leading and managing an engineering team in an agile environment
- At least 3 years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience in building observable systems with robust metrics and alerts
- Building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Operating independently in unknown territory
- Great attitude to making things happen fast as a team
For more information, visit our website onemainfinancial.com
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.