UI EngineerApply Now Full Job Title: UI Engineer Job Number: R1906-13207 Location: Baltimore, Maryland Date Posted: 06/12/2019
Our Digital team at OneMain Financial has the nimble, collaborative, and progressive approach of a startup while being financially backed by one of the nation’s largest lenders. We offer an opportunity to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment with people who value their work and who welcome fresh ideas. If a team member has an idea about improving our tech stack, our methodologies, or anything else, we want to hear it!
You'll work as part of an agile development team to design and implement interfaces for web applications at the leading edge of digital lending. You will build unique, lasting and scalable solutions from scratch.
- Collaborate with designers, backend engineers, and product managers to design, shape and implement new user-centric UI and features for onemainfinancial.com
- Write HTML, CSS, and JS to build out new and update existing features from design
- Understand the needs of customers and attend to feedback through effective communication
- Execute features in a well documented, robust and readable format, following existing style guidelines
- Assess graphics, UI and multimedia technologies and components to meet product requirements
- Collaborate with marketing to optimize our application funnel
Requirements & Basic Qualifications
- Experience converting designs into HTML/CSS
- Keeping up with HTML/CSS best practices
- CSS frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation
- CSS preprocessors like Less or Sass
- Templating languages like Haml or Slim
- Experience working in the Financial Services industry
- Experience with any testing tools (Jasmine, Mocha, SauceLabs, QUnit)
- Full-stack proficiency (HTTP, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL)
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.