Bankruptcy SpecialistApply Now Full Job Title: Bankruptcy Specialist Job Number: R1812-9690 Location: Evansville, Indiana Date Posted: 12/05/2018
Founded over 100 years ago, OneMain is America’s premier personal finance company. Our company provides personal loans, insurance, and other related financial products to more than 2.4 million consumers in communities across the country through a network of over 1,800 branches with more than 10,000 employees. We are committed to responsible lending and regulatory compliance, and have an active program of outreach to the Investment Community.
As a OneMain Bankruptcy Specialist you will be involved in the provision of quality service to customers and merchants. This position fields inbound calls and works to provide a satisfactory resolution based on approved strategies. Fact-finding analytical activities are required.
The Bankruptcy Specialist will be responsible for performing many of the following functions:
- Handle incoming calls from branch personnel, customers, and external vendors to resolve inquiries
- Handle Trustee remittances, including balance procedures
- Process bankruptcy notices, discharges, dismissals, reaffirmations and/or file proof of claims
- Process the following:
- Incoming / returned mail
- Document requests
- Settled / paid accounts and credit balance reimbursements
- Manual letter requests with appropriate enclosures
- Complete invoice requests
- File reports and other internal documents
- Perform preliminary research on unidentified payments
- Uses independent judgment to make surface decisions and resolve some situations
- Other important insights about the value of this role:
- Analyzes customer and branch needs/requests and makes a determination as to the best method of resolving those issues
- Provides analysis on unidentified payments, misapplied payments, as well as system rejects
- Will communicate with customers, OneMain Team Members (branch, central servicing, headquarters), vendors, credit reporting agencies, attorneys and banking institutions
- Effectively navigate systems & accurately document accounts
- Research & resolve inquiries from internal/external customer or authorized third party
- Process accounts requiring special handling
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- High School / GED Diploma required but an Associate Degree is preferred
- 2 (Two) years of call center or administrative experience
- 1 (One) year of bankruptcy experience or equivalent knowledge of 11 U.S.C. Bankruptcy Code
- Strong phone, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Quick thinker and creative research skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Proficient in basic MS office applications
- OneMain offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive base pay with additional discretionary bonuses.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, holiday and vacation time off
OneMain prides itself on internal growth opportunities through training and development as well as career growth opportunities through internal promotions. Take the first step toward a challenging and rewarding career at OneMain and apply today!
OneMain is an equal opportunity employer.