Consumer Collections Specialists provide a human experience to our customers during times of hardship with their accounts. The goal of this position is to help our customers succeed in fulfilling their financial obligations to OneMain resolving past due account matters.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry to Mid-Level
- Travel: None
What makes a successful Consumer Collections Specialist at OneMain?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
The Collector position will contact delinquent, charged-off customers to arrange for repayment or settlement of account balances. Primary responsibility is collecting on Personal loans.
In the Role
- Initiate contact with customers via telephone regarding charge off accounts while arranging repayment and/or settlement of accounts in accordance with all applicable laws, policies, and procedures
- Negotiate with customers to resolve accounts.
- Maintain and notate all appropriate information and documentation regarding customer and account status on computer system and provide same to others involved with collections of accounts
- Investigate, research, and track consumer information using online skip tracing tools
- Work in a goal-oriented environment to meet production indicators.
- Operate in a goal-oriented environment, achieving individual and team performance targets and core competencies
- Maintain compliance with FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) and state regulations
- Education - High School diploma OR GED minimum
- Collections / Call Center experience strongly preferred
- An in-depth understanding of collections and negotiation skills
- Strong negotiation skills to resolve escalated calls
- A high degree of self-management to successfully prioritize workday
- Excellent communication, persuasion and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitive information
- Sales experience is desirable
- Candidates are expected to commute to our Evansville, IN campus
Up to two late nights per week of 12 PM – 9 PM and flexible schedule for remaining hours with manager approval. One Saturday per month and extended hours at the end of the month.
Who we Are
OneMain Financial (NYSE: OMF) is the leader in offering nonprime customers responsible access to credit and is dedicated to improving the financial well-being of hardworking Americans. Since 1912, we’ve looked beyond credit scores to help people get the money they need today and reach their goals for tomorrow. Our growing suite of personal loans, credit cards and other products help people borrow better and work toward a brighter future.
Driven collaborators and innovators, our team thrives on transformative digital thinking, customer-first energy and flexible work arrangements that grow lives, careers and our company. At every level, we’re committed to an inclusive culture, career development and impacting the communities where we live and work. Getting people to a better place has made us a better company for over a century. There’s never been a better time to shine with OneMain.
Because team members at their best means OneMain at our best, we provide opportunities and benefits that make their health and careers a priority. That’s why we’ve packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
- Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (10% share discount)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Bonus eligible
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time
- And more
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
401(k)/ Retirement Plans
Paid Time Off
VIP (Variable Incentive Pay)