Consumer Collections Specialist
Consumer Collections Specialists provide a human experience to our customers during times of hardship with their accounts. The goal of this position is to help our customers succeed in fulfilling their financial obligations to OneMain resolving past due account matters.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry to Mid-Level
- Travel: None
- Salary: Starting $29,000 and above, qualifies for incentive pay
What makes a successful Consumer Collections Specialist at OneMain?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Results-driven 10
- Good listener 9
- Goal-oriented 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Outgoing 6
- Problem-solver 5
401(k)/ Retirement Plans
Paid Time Off
VIP (Incentive Pay)
OneMain is currently seeking candidates to fill several permanent, full-time Collector positions. These positions will contact delinquent, charged-off customers to arrange for repayment or settlement of account balances. Primary responsibility is collecting on Personal loans. In this position, you will also:
- Initiate contact with customers via telephone regarding charge off accounts while arranging repayment and/or settlement of accounts in accordance with all applicable laws, policies, and procedures
- Negotiate with customers to resolve accounts.
- Maintain and notate all appropriate information and documentation regarding customer and account status on computer system and provide same to others involved with collections of accounts
- Investigate, research, and track consumer information using online skip tracing tools
- Work in a goal-oriented environment to meet production indicators.
- Operate in a goal-oriented environment, achieving individual and team performance targets and core competencies
- Maintain compliance with FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) and state regulations
- Up to two late nights per week of 12 PM – 9 PM and flexible schedule for remaining hours with manager approval. One Saturday per month and extended hours at the end of the month.
- Education - High School diploma OR GED minimum
- Collections / Call Center experience strongly preferred
- An in-depth understanding of collections and negotiation skills
- Strong negotiation skills to resolve escalated calls
- A high degree of self-management to successfully prioritize workday
- Excellent communication, persuasion and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitive information
- Sales experience is desirable
- Candidates are expected to commute to our Evansville, IN campus
- OneMain offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive base pay with additional incentives and bonuses.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, holiday and vacation time off
Founded over 100 years ago, OneMain is America’s premier personal finance company. Our company provides personal loans, insurance, and other related financial products to more than 2.4 million consumers in communities across the country through a network of over 1,800 branches with more than 10,000 employees. We are committed to responsible lending and regulatory compliance, and have an active program of outreach to the Investment Community. We are majority owned by investment funds affiliated with Fortress Investment Group LLC.
OneMain prides itself on internal growth opportunities through training and development as well as career growth opportunities through internal promotions. Take the first step toward a challenging and rewarding career at OneMain and apply today!
OneMain is an equal opportunity employer.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.