EOCC Customer Care SpecialistApply Now Full Job Title: EOCC Customer Care Specialist Job Number: R1908-14296 Location: Evansville, Indiana Date Posted: 08/06/2019
This position has the opportunity to sit in Evansville, IN or Fort Mill, SC and is available at two potential levels, meaning when a candidate is selected the offer will be commensurate with their experience and fitness for the position.
At OneMain, Customer Care Specialists assist customers with a single point of contact approach – listening to the customer’s concerns, walking with the customer through the resolution process, and providing a resolution through both verbal and written communication for most complex customer situations of which business units are unable to resolve. In this position, you have the opportunity to positively impact the customer’s experience and overall customer retention.
- You are positive, motivated, and self-driven.
- You possess exceptional verbal and written communication and follow-up skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You can work well under pressure.
- You are willing to listen and learn, building your competencies and skills to help you advance in your role and career.
- This position has the opportunity to sit in Evansville, IN or Fort Mill, SC.
- Position is available at three levels; at time of offer, the level will be determined commensurate with experience and match for the position.
- Must use sound judgment to recommend a solution that is consistent, practical, and beneficial to the customer, as well as, OneMain.
- Requires strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own work routine to meet established schedule and support the activities of Customer Care Unit.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized, flexible and possess the ability to multi-task to keep the work flow moving through the resolution process effectively.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to support the needs of the business unit.
- College degree preferred, but not required. Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Complaint handling experience preferred.
- Experience investigating customer problems is preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Promptly reaches out to the customer and business unit(s) to resolve complex customer complaints and concerns that could not be initially resolved by the business unit.
- Answers Resolves internal/external questions pertaining to customer issues and/or concerns inquiries.
- Establishes effective professional rapport with both internal & external customers.
- Investigates each issue or concern thoroughly by conducting interviews with all parties involved, a detailed review of the account notes, transaction history, documents located in ELF, listens to all recorded calls surrounding the time frame of the complaint, reviews outbound call details along with review of all policy and procedures that relate to the issue or concern.
- Interacts, collaborates, and works within the all levels of the OneMain Management Team and Team Members within the business unit(s) to come to an acceptable resolution that will not only benefit the customer, but also the Company.
- Escalates issues to EOCC management and/or with in the business unit(s), as required.
- Remains courteous, friendly, concerned, and knowledgeable throughout the process while providing a detailed explanation of resolution, taken to the customer, business unit(s) and/or Management Team; all while providing the customer (internal or external) with an excellent experience and top-notch customer service.
- Provides written correspondence with organized thoughts, proper sentence construction, punctuation and grammar.
- Monitors the account to ensure that all required changes or adjustments are complete and accurate.
- Documents all actions, research and resolution in the Complaint Management System.
- Help identify trends when necessary with customer complaints/issues to assist with root cause analysis.
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Drive For Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment. Possess objective analytical problem-solving skills.
- Self-Development: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits.
- Communication: Must have the ability to verbally communicate with internal and external customers demonstrating excellent communication skills. Must be empathetic and knowledgeable.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.