IT Software EngineerApply Now Full Job Title: IT Software Engineer Job Number: R1905-12819 Location: Evansville, Indiana Date Posted: 05/22/2019
IT Software Engineer
One Main Financial is currently seeking qualified candidates for our IT Software Engineer position within our Applications Development group, located in EVANSVILLE, INDIANA.
The candidate should be able to adapt to a challenging fast paced environment working with batch and real-time systems involving consumer loan booking and servicing activities. Changes will need to be coordinated with other IT development teams. Individual will be expected to effectively work with customers from varying departments including Finance, Legal, Operations, Treasury, Marketing and Risk.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for interpreting functional requirements, developing technical specifications from functional requirements, designing and coding applications using COBOL programming language in a mainframe environment.
- Ensure products, applications, documents and systems meet established quality standards and requirements.
- May assist with training of other developers.
- Participate in On-Call rotation to support system applications.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems.
- Experience developing and systems analysis in a mainframe environment.
- Experience with COBOL, Easytrieve and JCL.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and work with users on projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and priorities.
- Must be able to work in the Evansville office.
Other skills for an ideal candidate:
- Familiarity with consumer loans and servicing
- Webservices for the mainframe
- IBM IDZ software
- MQ Series
- Changeman or similar source code management system
OneMain Financial holds a strong commitment to our customers, communities and team members. This approach to lending has helped us provide customers with loan options for over 100 years and grow to over 1,600 branches in 44 states. We know that success starts from within, which is why we place emphasis on creating a team of talented and dedicated individuals. If you’re looking for a place to work collaboratively and build your career from the ground up, think OneMain.
At OneMain, we know that in order for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes: health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.