Systems Admin SrApply Now Full Job Title: Systems Admin Sr Job Number: R1905-13036 Location: Evansville, Indiana Date Posted: 05/31/2019
OneMain Financial is looking for candidates interested in a Systems Administrator, Senior with our Open Systems Operations Team. You will provide administration and support services, focusing on system virtualization, security, automation, and management. You will gain experience using products such as Microsoft and Linux Server Operating Systems, Microsoft Active Directory, PowerShell, VMWare, Python, Docker, and others.
Open Systems Infrastructure is a part of OneMain's Data Center Infrastructure (DCI) division. As a Systems Administrator, Senior, you will be a member of the IT team responsible for all Intel-based infrastructure administration and support for both Data Center and Branch server and systems operations. We provide the administration of hardware (both physical and virtual) platforms, operating systems, senior levels of technical support, and configuration, installation, deployment, and monitoring of infrastructure applications.
You will report directly to the Manager, Open System Operations. You will primarily work with other administrators and analysts in the DCI division, but will work with and support employees company-wide to ensure that Open Systems Infrastructure is providing the systems, support, and administration required to meet the diverse needs of the entire organization.
- Evangelize and integrate ITIL (ITSM & ITOM) methodologies into current workflows
- Perform special projects as Project Lead
- Communicate with business professionals at multiple levels across the organization
- Update user and technical documentation
- Proactively monitor hardware platforms for potential performance and capacity concerns
- Perform maintenance- and performance-tuning of applications running on all platforms: physical, virtual, and containers
- Apply preventative maintenance and upgrades on servers
- Produce system status, reports, dashboards and key performance indicators that help identify potential issues
- Develop and support scripts and tools used for orchestration and automation tasks
- Communicate with key leadership and recommend changes or improvements
- Perform backup and recovery of data and information on all corporate servers/systems as needed
- Provide back-end server support for Windows & Linux solutions, including standing up new servers/containers and maintaining existing infrastructure
- Monitor, maintain, and resolve Level 2/3 support tickets, documenting all activities performed in ticket notes and resolution
- Identify common and/or repetitive issues and document to allow for cross-training and improved support
- ITIL v3/v4 Foundation certification or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of IT administration experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems and VMWare
- Understanding of server systems, application processes, and networking technology
- Willing to research and learn new technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work flexible hours; some off-hours support is required
- ITIL v3/v4 advanced certification
- ServiceNow ITSM/ITOM integration experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or other IT-related field
- MCSE, VMware, or similar industry certification(s)
OneMain Financial holds a strong commitment to our customers, communities and team members. This approach to lending has helped us provide customers with loan options for over 100 years and grow to over 1,600 branches in 44 states. We know that success starts from within, which is why we place emphasis on creating a team of talented and dedicated individuals. If you’re looking for a place to work collaboratively and build your career from the ground up, think OneMain.
At OneMain, we know that in order for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes: health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.