Technology Software DeveloperApply Now Full Job Title: Technology Software Developer Job Number: R1905-12816 Location: Evansville, Indiana Date Posted: 05/30/2019
Who is OneMain Financial?
OneMain Financial is the largest consumer finance company in the U.S., with 1,500 branches in 44 states. Founded in Baltimore in 1912, it has helped more than 10 million people through $120 billion in loans over its existence. OneMain Financial focuses on helping consumers obtain secured and unsecured personal installment loans, ranging from $1,500 to $25,000.
Full Job Title: IT Software Developer
Location: Evansville, IN
OneMain Financial is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Software Developer position within our Applications Development group, located in EVANSVILLE, INDIANA.
Candidate should be:
- Able to adapt to a challenging fast paced environment working on real-time and batch systems.
- Able to coordinate and communicate changes with other areas that use data from these systems such as Operational reporting, Tax reporting, front end screens, customer statement generation, Accounting, Treasury, Insurance, Investor relations, and Risk groups.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for interpreting functional requirements, developing technical specifications from functional requirements, designing and coding applications using mainframe programming languages.
- Ensure products, applications, documents and systems meet established quality standards and requirements.
- May assist training other developers.
- Participates in On-Call rotation to support system applications.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another STEM area.
- Experience developing and systems analysis, in a mainframe environment is a plus.
- Experience with COBOL, Easytrieve, DB2, SQL, JCL, MQ Series, IBM Rational Developer, ChangeMan ZMF, Fault Analyzer, and JIRA is a plus.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and work with users on projects.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and priorities.
- Ability to provide resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.