Technology Software EngineerApply Now Full Job Title: Technology Software Engineer Job Number: R1907-14162 Location: Evansville, Indiana Date Posted: 07/31/2019
One Main Financial is currently seeking qualified candidates for our IT Software Engineer position within our Applications Development group, located in EVANSVILLE, INDIANA.
The candidate should be able to adapt to a challenging fast paced environment working with batch and real-time systems involving consumer loan booking and servicing activities. Changes will need to be coordinated with other IT development teams. Individual will be expected to effectively work with customers from varying departments including Finance, Legal, Operations, Treasury, Marketing and Risk.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for interpreting functional requirements, developing technical specifications from functional requirements, designing and coding applications using COBOL programming language in a mainframe environment for SCORE and financial systems.
- Ensure products, applications, documents and systems meet established quality standards and requirements.
- May assist with training of other developers.
- Participate in On-Call rotation to support system applications.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems.
- Experience developing and systems analysis in a mainframe environment.
- Experience with COBOL, Easytrieve and JCL.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and work with users on projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and priorities.
- Must be able to work in the Evansville office.
Other skills for an ideal candidate:
- Familiarity with consumer loans and servicing
- Webservices for the mainframe
- IBM IDZ software
- MQ Series
- Changeman or similar source code management system
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.