Z/OS Systems Programmer LeadApply Now Full Job Title: Z/OS Systems Programmer Lead Job Number: R1910-15577 Location: Evansville, Indiana Date Posted: 10/09/2019
Who is OneMain Financial?
OneMain is the largest consumer finance company in the U.S., with 1,500 branches in 44 states. Founded in Baltimore in 1912, it has helped more than 10 million people through $120 billion in loans over its existence. OneMain focuses on helping consumers obtain secured and unsecured personal installment loans, ranging from $1,500 to $25,000.
OneMain Financial Services is currently seeking qualified candidates to Support and maintain Mainframe z/OS, OEM software, and zSeries Network infrastructure at OneMain Financial. Perform root cause problem determination when system failures occur. Analyze system performance and tune as required to ensure system is running at optimal efficiency and throughput. Maintain mainframe system availability and DR capabilities. Evaluate new and existing operating system software products.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Perform storage administration and replications functions to support defined service level agreements
- Develop/test Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plan
- Install, support, maintain CICS Transaction Server, WebSphere MQ, DB2 systems
- Support and maintain Communications Server providing VTAM-TCP/IP services
- Create and monitor security settings to control access
- Provide application programming support as requested
- Navigate hardware and software vendors' technical support portal
- Determine root cause of problem using diagnostics and recommend/implement preventative action
- Design, implement, and support a multiple logical partitions (LPARs) environment
- Perform analysis and make tuning recommendations to improve performance
- Lead complex projects for software/hardware upgrades
- Facilitate the relationship with hardware/software vendors to coordinate upgrades; Maintain awareness of new/changes in hardware and software
- Analyze and recommend improvements in cooperative processing platforms
- Maintain appropriate position documentation
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Management.
This position requires experience with large, complex z/OS mainframe environments and excellent problem-solving skills. Experience with z/OS, IOGEN, SMPE, OEM software products, LPAR support, and Parallel Sysplex support is required. CICS, DB2, CA, BMC software, and Communications Manager & IBM MQ experience is a plus. Soft skills of the successful candidate should include some technical project management, the ability to interact well with other technical teams, the ability to function well in a matrixed support environment, and good written and verbal communication skills.
- 8 years of advance level Installing and configuring software running in z/OS environment
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced competency working in complex systems environments
- Proficient project management skills
- Expert knowledge of the PC (hardware and software) is essential.
- Expert listening skills.
- The ability to work autonomously and with a diverse team.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to present ideas and take charge of projects.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.