Collections Specialist **Sign On Bonus**
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Consumer Collections Specialists provide a human experience to our customers during times of hardship with their accounts. The goal of this position is to help our customers succeed in fulfilling their financial obligations to OneMain resolving past due account matters.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry to Mid-Level
- Travel: None
What makes a successful Consumer Collections Specialist at OneMain?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
As a OneMain professional, you will:
- Help customers with all financial servicing needs through both inbound and outbound contact.
- Contact customers to help them to fulfill their financial obligations by arranging for repayment or settlement of account balances offering other borrower’s assistance options. Our work focuses on our existing customers who have long term relationships with us.
- Work with our clients in a consultative manner in accordance with all applicable laws, policies, and procedures
- Negotiate with customers to resolve account matters
- Maintain and notate all appropriate information and documentation on customer and account status. Collaborate with others on the team involved with collecting and servicing of accounts
- Investigate, research, and track consumer information using online skip tracing tools
- Work together as both team member and individual contributor in a goal-oriented environment to meet individual and team targets
- Maintain compliance with FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) and state regulations
We are currently hiring for several positions which will start on November, 1 2021 at our Fort Mill, SC site.
- High School Diploma or GED
- A proven track record of an ability to listen and offer appropriate products or services
- Sales or collections experience in retail, call-center, or business to business environments is highly preferred
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent and engaging communication skills
- Multi-tasking and goal achieving
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Capability to quickly analyze challenging problems / situations and provide solutions
- Bilingual: Spanish
The average work week has three days during standard business hours (8 AM – 5 PM) and up to two late nights of 1 PM – 10 PM or 11AM – 8PM. The schedule includes at least one Saturday per month, one late Friday (until 7:00 PM) and some extended hours at the end of each month.
A career with OneMain offers you the potential to earn an annual salary plus incentives. You can steer your career with access to a variety of robust training programs and opportunities to advance toward leadership roles such as Branch Manager and District Manager. Other team member benefits include competitive pay, variable incentives tied to business performance, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, paid volunteer time, tuition reimbursement and more.
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company, proudly serving millions of customers with safe, affordable and transparent installment loans. Our customers turn to us every day—online and at 1,500 branches in 44 states—to help them take control and improve their financial lives with solutions for debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. Our talented and dedicated team members constantly look for responsible ways to serve our customers when, where and how they want. It’s all about doing the right thing—a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
401(k)/ Retirement Plans
Paid Time Off
VIP (Variable Incentive Pay)