Special Handling Collector
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Consumer Collections Specialists provide a human experience to our customers during times of hardship with their accounts. The goal of this position is to help our customers succeed in fulfilling their financial obligations to OneMain resolving past due account matters.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry to Mid-Level
- Travel: None
- Salary: Starting $29,000 and above, qualifies for incentive pay
What makes a successful Consumer Collections Specialist at OneMain?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Results-driven 10
- Good listener 9
- Goal-oriented 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Outgoing 6
- Problem-solver 5
401(k)/ Retirement Plans
Paid Time Off
VIP (Incentive Pay)
Founded over 100 years ago, OneMain is America’s premier personal finance company. Our company provides personal loans, insurance, and other related financial products to more than 2.4 million consumers in communities across the country through a network of over 1,600 branches with more than 10,000 employees. We are committed to responsible lending, regulatory compliance, and an active program of outreach to the Investment Community.
The Special Handling Collector will be responsible for servicing clients with past due account status issues. Job duties will include but are not limited to:
- Negotiate with authorized third parties and customers via telephone regarding past due accounts
- Investigating, researching & tracking consumer information - Negotiate payments & settlements on customer accounts
- Qualifying consumers for payment plans by gathering full and complete information
- Maintaining compliance with FDCPA and state regulations
- Monitor delinquent accounts for status updates and follow up with consumers and authorized third parties if needed.
- Using online tools to research information on accounts
- Taking inbound calls from customers and third parties regarding the status of an active or inactive account
- Maintaining account documentation and follow up as necessary
- Provide outstanding customer service to customers, 3rd parties, and OneMain employees
- Prioritizing assigned work to align with business and company needs
- Current schedule is 1 afternoon per week at 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 4 days at 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- High School Diploma or GED
- Collection experience preferred but will train highly motivated individual with sales experience
- Strong phone, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet goals in a fast-paced environment
- Quick thinker with creative research skills
- Proficiency with Internet and basic MS Office applications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- OneMain offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive base pay with additional incentives and bonuses
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, holiday and vacation time off
OneMain prides itself on internal growth opportunities through training and development as well as career growth opportunities through internal promotions. Take the first step toward a challenging and rewarding career at OneMain and apply today!
OneMain is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to know more? Text OneMain to 97211
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.