Consumer Lending Specialist Sr
Consumer Lending Specialists empower OneMain's customers by listening to their needs and wants to help provide solutions that best achieve goals. OneMain's team members build relationships with customers that go beyond the loan process and actively participate in the communities where we live and work. Consumer Lending Specialists are rewarded with incentives based on meeting and exceeding loan and insurance sales goals in a responsible manner built on approach of "Lending Done Human."
- Full Time
- Level: Entry to Mid-Level
- Travel: Minimal
- Salary: Starting $30k and above, qualifies for incentive pay
What makes a successful Consumer Lending Specialist at OneMain?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix..
- Communicator 10
- Goal-oriented 9
- Achiever 8
- Personable 8
- Adaptable 7
- Entrepreneurial 5
401(k)/ Retirement Plans
Paid Time Off
VIP (Incentive Pay)
At OneMain, Consumer Lending Specialists empower customers – listening to their needs and providing access to friendly, fast and affordable financing for life’s expenses. In this position, you will have the opportunity to change lives on a daily basis while developing valuable skills that elevate your career.
- You are motivated, goal orientated, and enthusiastic
- You believe in a workplace that fosters growth opportunities for those who are willing to earn them
- You have exceptional communication and follow-up skills
- People find you engaging and outgoing
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You’re willing to listen and learn, building sales competencies and strategies that can help you advance your career
In the Role
- You will develop new relationships and business, working with customers from their initial evaluation to close, keeping in touch with them throughout the loan process and sales cycle
- You will be a team player, and meet great people and mentors who can help you succeed and thrive in a lucrative profession
- Based on their inquiries (online or through customer service), you will talk with customers and offer them financial solutions that meet their goals
- You will learn how to succeed in a flourishing industry and build credit underwriting techniques and sales tools
- You will educate customers on the terms and conditions of their loan to ensure a clear understanding and manage collections activities, when necessary
- You will comply with company guidelines and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree or some college preferred
- Relevant work experience in sales or customer service a plus
- Valid Driver’s License and Reliable Transportation is strongly recommended
- Bilingual (Spanish Preferred)
- HS Diploma/GED; and
- Over one year of full-time, relevant work experience
- Sales experience (e.g. retail sales, positions with sales goals, commission sales, account executive); or
- Management or supervisory experience in a sales or services field
Starting your career with OneMain, you have the potential to earn an annual salary plus incentives, with licensing requirements. We offer robust training programs and opportunities to advance your career to leadership roles, such as Branch Manager and District Manager. OneMain team members benefit from competitive pay and sales-driven incentive programs, relocation benefits, health, dental, vision, 401K, profit sharing, paid time-off, paid volunteer time, tuition reimbursement and much more. Our team members work in a collaborative manner to support one another to create a great work environment.
Take the first step toward a challenging and rewarding career at OneMain! Apply now!
Who We Are:
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.