Snowflake Database Administrator (DBA)Apply Now Full Job Title: Snowflake Database Administrator (DBA) Job Number: R2109-27088 Location: Illinois; Irving, Texas; Charlotte, North Carolina; Evansville, Indiana; Fort Worth, Texas; Wilmington, Delaware; Baltimore, Maryland Date Posted: 09/03/2021
The Lead Snowflake Database Administrator will report to the Enterprise Data Services team and will building and maintaining Snowflake SaaS service for building advanced data solution throughout the OneMain organization. The candidate will be play central critical role for identifying performing core database administration for Snowflake environment, build automation to optimize the environment, build pipelines to define metrics related to all things snowflake and be key central point of contact for Snowflake within the organization.
- Develop, build & maintain mission critical centralized data platform using Snowflake.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot Snowflake database errors. Work with multiple internal user groups including analytics and data science.
- Implement Snowflake user /query log analysis and alerts. Work with heterogeneous user groups from data engineers to data scientists.
- Implement data encryption/decryption/masking policies to protect PII/PCI data
- Demonstrated proficiency of index design, query plan optimization and analysis required
- User security auditing • Implement/support automation for production deployment in Snowflake
- Actively work with Snowflake support for raising support tickets and triaging outages.
- Create Snowflake utilization and capacity plan. Tune the database to improve Snowflake queries
- Provide technical leadership, fosters a team environment, and provides mentorship and feedback to technical resources.
- On-call responsibilities on rotational basis for Snowflake database administration.
- 7+ years’ experience as database administrator
- 2+ years’ experience as Snowflake DBA. This is completely hands-on DBA role using Snowflake platform
- Good SQL experience for writing complex SQL transformation including working with Snowflake system tables
- Strong database administration skills for maintaining secure, stable, high performing and highly tuned snowflake environment
- Proactively identify, design, and implement process improvements like automating manual processes, optimizing data flow, increase scalability etc.
- Strong knowledge on Snowflake security features including authentication, authorization, encryption, masking, secured views etc.
- Experience with Development Tools for CI/CD for establishing DevOps for Snowflake.
Who We Are:
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company, a trusted name in lending for over 100 years. Since 2005 alone, we have looked beyond customers credit scores to lend more than $152 billion to 16.2 million people looking for simple, affordable loans.
With branches across 44 states, we're proud partners of the families and communities we serve. They turn to us to help meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills and auto purchases. It’s all about doing the right thing – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That’s why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
- Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Bonus eligibility
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.