Accounting Manager - Consumer Loan AccountingApply Now Full Job Title: Accounting Manager - Consumer Loan Accounting Job Number: R1905-12720 Location: Irving, Texas Date Posted: 05/17/2019
Accounting Manager – Consumer Loan Accounting
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill a Consumer Loan Accounting Manager role in our Controllers department. This position will be structured around the management of our Consumer Loan Portfolio and monthly/quarterly internal financial reporting and SEC filings.
As one of the nation's largest consumer finance organizations, OneMain serves more than 2 million customers with over $16B of personal loans and other credit-related products. "Lending Done Human" reflects our commitment to putting customers first. For 90+ years, we've made the OneMain promise of friendly, fast and affordable financing a reality for our customers.
Our Las Colinas Office offers some unique perks. We have free covered parking, on-site fitness center and we’re in walking distance to the new Music Factory Entertainment complex, with excellent dining and social gathering options. Our Controller's Culture Committee is focused on building and maintaining a great place to work, and our NASBA Sponsorship supports meeting our Team Members CPE Requirements.
As an Accounting Manager in Consumer Loan Accounting, you will have exposure to activities such as TDR Accounting, ALLL Accounting, implementation of CECL, SOX controls, SEC reporting and other key functions. We have a casual, collaborative and flexible work environment with many opportunities for growth and development.
Successful candidates applying to the Accounting Manager – Consumer Loan Accounting position will be able to execute the following duties:
- Manage a team of accounting professionals.
- Provide and review financial reporting material related to SEC reporting.
- Prepare and review flux analysis comments for changes to financial statements, on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Produce quarterly accounting memo related to TDR and Allowance activities.
- Interact and coordinate with external auditors to provide audit deliverables and respond to audit related questions under the direction of the Vice President and Director of Consumer Loan Accounting
- Sox compliance and documentation around accounting policies related to TDR and Allowance.
- Develop, challenge, and implement new loan accounting policies/procedures under the direction of the Vice President and Director of Consumer Loan Accounting.
- Review and approval of loan system projects with financial reporting impact.
Candidates applying to this position will be considered based upon the follow demonstrated qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Accounting a plus
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- 3+ years of managing a team of accounting professionals
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a loan accounting department with related SEC reporting functions preferred
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written
- Ability to think, and work, independently resolving challenging issues
- Consumer Lending and Finance experience desired
- SQL programming ability a plus
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.