Accounting Manager - Policy and Technical AccountingApply Now Full Job Title: Accounting Manager - Policy and Technical Accounting Job Number: R2009-20103 Location: Irving, Texas Date Posted: 09/15/2020
OneMain Financial (NYSE: OMF) is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company, proudly serving millions of customers with safe, affordable and transparent installment loans. Our customers turn to us every day—online and at 1,500 branches in 44 states—to help them take control and improve their financial lives with solutions for debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. Our talented and dedicated team members constantly look for responsible ways to serve our customers when, where and how they want. It’s all about doing the right thing—a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to fill a Technical Accounting & Policy Manager role in our Accounting Policy department. This position will be structured around strategic transactions, corporate accounting opinions/briefs affecting company wide decisions, and financial reporting and technical research relating to SEC filings. Our Controller's Culture Committee is focused on building and maintaining a great place to work, and our NASBA Sponsorship supports meeting our Team Members CPE Requirements. You will have exposure to Capital Markets, SEC Reporting, Loan Accounting, Insurance Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Policy/Technical Accounting, SOX and other key functions. We have a casual, collaborative and flexible work environment with many opportunities for growth and development.
Successful candidates applying to the Accounting Manager - Policy and Technical Accounting position will be able to execute the following duties:
- Support the accounting considerations related to various strategic transactions and analysis conducted by various operating functions within the Company including our Financial Planning & Analysis department and our Capital Markets group.
- Transaction analysis including strategic accounting such as securitizations, acquisitions and business combinations, and working closely with corporate accounting colleagues and financial leaders
- Produce technical accounting research position papers for management across all layers of the company to support recommendations or suggest changes to current projects
- Interact and coordinate with external auditors to address technical issues under the direction of the Vice President and Director of Technical Accounting & Policy
- Interpret and implement new accounting standards under the direction of the Vice President and Director of Technical Accounting & Policy
- Develop, challenge, and implement new corporate accounting policies/procedures under the direction of the Vice President and Director of Technical Accounting & Policy
- Generation of ad hoc reports and decision briefs based upon technical accounting issues translatable to a broad audience
- Review and research financial reporting matters related to SEC reporting.
- Experience generating reports utilizing technical research and writing skills will be crucial to the success of any individual in this position.
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Accounting a plus
- 5+ years of progressive experience in an accounting/accounting policy/financial policy department with SEC reporting functions preferred
- Public Accounting experience with a national or large regional firm
- Exceptional technical research and writing skills
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written
- Ability to think, and work, independently resolving challenging issues
- Consumer Lending and Finance experience desired
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That’s why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
- Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Bonus eligible
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time
- And more
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.