Accounting ManagerApply Now Full Job Title: Accounting Manager Job Number: R2306-37243 Location: Irving, Texas Date Posted: 09/06/2023
Accounting Manager - Credit Card/Point of Sales
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to fill a Credit Card/Point of Sale (POS) Accounting Manager role in our Loan Accounting department. This position will be structured around daily monitoring and recording of transactions for our credit card portfolio, as well as loan purchasing activity for POS. This position will provide support around our newest product offerings at OneMain and will offer opportunities to expand and develop the role as the portfolio grows. The candidate will have exposure to Capital Markets, SEC Reporting, Loan Accounting, Insurance Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Policy/Technical Accounting, SOX and other key functions. Our Controller's Culture Committee is focused on building and maintaining a great place to work, and our NASBA Sponsorship supports meeting our Team Members CPE Requirements. We have a casual, collaborative and flexible work environment with many opportunities for growth and development.
Successful candidates applying to the Cards/POS Accounting Manager position will be able to execute the following duties:
In the Role
- Support the Credit Cards/POS accounting department with review of daily transactions and balancing activities.
- Transaction analysis including strategic accounting such as securitizations and working closely with corporate accounting colleagues and financial leaders
- Support SOX controls
- Testing and documentation for new products as the portfolio evolves
- Develop, challenge, and implement process controls as appropriate
- Interact and coordinate with external auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Other related tasks as needed
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Accounting a plus
- 5+ years of progressive experience in an accounting department
- Strong proficiency working with spreadsheets
- Experience working with third party vendors related to sourcing data
- Previous management experience in leading a team
- Consumer Lending and Finance experience desired with emphasis working with credit card portfolio preferred
Who we Are
OneMain Financial (NYSE: OMF) is the leader in offering nonprime customers responsible access to credit and is dedicated to improving the financial well-being of hardworking Americans. Since 1912, we’ve looked beyond credit scores to help people get the money they need today and reach their goals for tomorrow. Our growing suite of personal loans, credit cards and other products help people borrow better and work toward a brighter future.
Driven collaborators and innovators, our team thrives on transformative digital thinking, customer-first energy and flexible work arrangements that grow lives, careers and our company. At every level, we’re committed to an inclusive culture, career development and impacting the communities where we live and work. Getting people to a better place has made us a better company for over a century. There’s never been a better time to shine with OneMain.
Because team members at their best means OneMain at our best, we provide opportunities and benefits that make their health and careers a priority. That’s why we’ve packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
- Health and wellbeing options including medical, prescription, dental, vision, hearing, accident, hospital indemnity, and life insurances
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (10% share discount)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off (15 days’ vacation per year, plus 2 personal days, prorated based on start date)
- Paid sick leave as determined by state or local ordinance, prorated based on start date
- Paid holidays (7 days per year, based on start date)
- Paid volunteer time (3 days per year, prorated based on start date)
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.