Accounting Specialist - Branch AccountingApply Now Full Job Title: Accounting Specialist - Branch Accounting Job Number: R1909-15095 Location: Irving, Texas Date Posted: 09/11/2019
As one of the nation's largest consumer finance organizations, OneMain serves more than 2 million customers with personal loans, automobile loans, and other credit-related products. "Lending Done Human" reflects our commitment to putting customers first. For 90+ years, we've made the OneMain promise of friendly, fast and affordable financing a reality for our customers.
Our Las Colinas Office offers some unique perks. We have free covered parking, on-site fitness center and we’re in walking distance to the new Music Factory Entertainment complex, with excellent dining and social gathering options. Our Controller's Culture Committee is focused on building and maintaining a great place to work, and our NASBA Sponsorship supports meeting our Team Members CPE Requirements. You will have exposure to Capital Markets, SEC Reporting, Loan Accounting, Close/Consolidations, Policy/Technical Accounting, SOX and other key functions. We have a casual, collaborative and flexible work environment with many opportunities for growth and development.
An opportunity has arisen within our accounting team in Irving, TX for a dynamic and driven finance professional to join as an Accounting Specialist Senior supporting the OneMain accounting and finance organization.
This position will be responsible for research, analysis, monitoring and other accounting functions, related issues and various financial control projects and processes. It involves providing support for month-end close.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare account reconciliations and resolve variances
- Prepare journal entries
- Assist with the preparation of timely and accurate financial reports
- Provide good customer service when assisting branches
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Provide and review support for quarterly SOX and controls testing
- Detailed research and analysis of account balances and transactions
- High School Diploma or GED required / Associates Degree in Accounting preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge and work experience
- Ability to follow established accounting and regulatory policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the desire to interact with people at different levels throughout the day through multiple mediums
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and understanding for controls
- Ability to manage numerous priorities and coordinate multiple deliverables
- Ability to analyze, escalate, and resolve problems
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.