Audit SeniorApply Now Full Job Title: Audit Senior Job Number: R1812-9709 Location: Irving, Texas Date Posted: 12/06/2018
As one of the nation's largest consumer finance organizations, OneMain serves more than 2 million customers with personal loans and other credit-related products. "Lending Done Human" reflects our commitment to putting customers first. For 90+ years, we've made the OneMain promise of friendly, fast and affordable financing a reality for our customers.
Our Las Colinas Office offers some unique perks. We have free covered parking, on-site fitness center and we’re in walking distance to the new Music Factory Entertainment complex, with excellent dining and social gathering options. Our Controller's Culture Committee is focused on building and maintaining a great place to work, and our NASBA Sponsorship supports meeting our Team Members CPE Requirements. You will have exposure to Capital Markets, SEC Reporting, Loan Accounting, Close/Consolidations, Policy/Technical Accounting, SOX and other key functions. We have a casual, collaborative and flexible work environment with many opportunities for growth and development.
As a Finance Audit Senior at OneMain you will partner with finance and accounting professionals to identify and assess risk and associated controls in a large, complex environment.
The Finance Audit Senior will independently perform complete audits of Accounting, Finance, Tax, and Treasury from scoping through reporting and ultimately tracking remediation of identified issues.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience identifying and addressing financial and operational risks in business processes; evaluating and testing the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls; and designing and executing other assurance and business advisory services. You must be able to understand moderate to complex business processes and system workflows and help guide business managers in defining effective and value-added risk mitigation plans.
The position is based in Las Colinas and will report to the Finance Audit Manager.
- Independently performs process documentation and analyzes the current operating processes and policies to identify and measure various types of risk
- Assists with the identification of risks and controls and the preparation of test scripts
- Performs tests of design and tests of operating effectiveness
- Tracks and tests the effectiveness of corrective action plans to remediate identified issues
- Serves as a point of contact between the Finance organization and Internal Audit
- Identifies process design and operational control gaps and makes recommendations to remediate gaps and operational failures
- Independently and accurately documents, evaluates, and communicates the results and conclusions of all audit work performed
- Conducts and effectively handles special assignments for management as requested
- Travel time of up to may be 20% required and could increase with job responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field, graduate degree a plus
- 2-4 years internal or external audit experience public accounting preferred
- A solid understanding of internal controls relevant to accounting and financial reporting processes
- Experience performing end to end finance audits
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Financial Services experience a plus, Big 4 Experience a plus
- Current CPA or related certification required
- Strong time and project management skills
- Experience with RSA Archer and data analytics tools a plus