Credit Card AccountantApply Now Full Job Title: Credit Card Accountant Job Number: R2205-31253 Location: Irving, Texas Date Posted: 05/13/2022
Credit Card Accountant
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company, proudly serving millions of customers with safe, affordable and transparent installment loans. Our customers turn to us every day—online and at 1,500 branches in 44 states—to help them take control and improve their financial lives with solutions for debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. Our talented and dedicated team members constantly look for responsible ways to serve our customers when, where and how they want. It’s all about doing the right thing—a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
The OneMain Credit Card Accounting Department located in Irving, TX is currently seeking a dynamic and driven Credit Card Senior Accountant to join our team.
This position will be responsible for various financial reporting activities as outlined below, including supporting analysis, research, monitoring and other accounting functions. He/she will need solid skills in problem solving, verbal and written communication, and working with others.
- Execute and record financial transactions
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and resolve any variances.
- Assist with the preparation of accurate financial reports to regulatory agencies, associations, publications and internal management.
- Track and research daily transactional activity including loan closings, cash transactions, payoffs and various system activities
- Resolve and respond to departmental inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- 5-8 years relevant Accounting experience preferably in Credit Cards, CPA and/or MBA a plus
- Consumer Loan and/or Financial Services Accounting experience a plus
- Strong reconciliation experience, attention to detail and understanding of controls
- Knowledge of MS office products including proficiency with Excel (Pivot Tables, V-look ups, etc.) is required
- Knowledge of accounting software system (Oracle or similar)
- Database experience is desired (Microstrategy or similar)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across various levels of the organization
- Ability to analyze, escalate and resolve problems
- Team player but must have the ability to work independently, manage numerous priorities, coordinate multiple deliverables and meet strict timelines.
- Prior experience with credit cards is a plus
Our Las Colinas Office offers some unique perks. We have free covered parking, on-site fitness center and café, and we’re within walking distance to the Music Factory Entertainment complex, with excellent dining and social gathering options. Our Controller's Culture Committee is focused on building and maintaining a great place to work while providing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community, and our NASBA Sponsorship supports meeting our Team Members CPE Requirements. We have a casual, collaborative, and flexible hybrid work environment with many opportunities for growth and development.
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That’s why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
- Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Bonus eligibility
- Paid time off
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.