Data Analyst SeniorApply Now Full Job Title: Data Analyst Senior Job Number: R1907-13682 Location: Irving, Texas Date Posted: 08/08/2019
Data Analyst Senior
As one of the nation's largest consumer finance organizations, OneMain serves more than 2 million customers with personal loans and other credit-related products. "Lending Done Human" reflects our commitment to putting customers first. For 90+ years, we've made the OneMain promise of friendly, fast and affordable financing a reality for our customers.
As a Data Analyst Sr. within the Internal Audit Division, you will leverage data to: support/supplement internal audit testing and coverage; cultivate meaningful information on the effectiveness of the company control structure and maturity level of governance, risk management and compliance functions; automate audit and data analysis processes to optimize efficiency and effectiveness; and, make data more accessible to the audit team using data visualization techniques.
Data analytics, big data, robotic process automation, artificial intelligence, etc. have all become hot topics in business. The ideal candidate for this position has the experience and education to advance Internal Audit in the understanding, development and use of these emerging concepts.
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Drive and support auditor use of analytics in individual engagements and create new methods for better understanding risk.
- Utilize data mining techniques to provide evidence for audits/investigations, documentation of working papers and report audit findings to stakeholders and senior management.
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis – then do the analysis.
- Utilize historical trends and predictive models, to identify business control weakness/deficiency and emerging risks.
- Assist in optimizing the audit workflow and use of the GRC application.
- Identify and develop continuous auditing opportunities using data analytics with focus on control effectiveness, governance and risk management.
- Provide meaningful data analysis covering departmental objectives, audit benchmarking and issue trends for a variety of organizational reporting requirements (including Audit Committee).
- Independently and accurately document, evaluate, and communicate the results and conclusions of all work performed.
- Conduct and effectively handle special assignments for management as requested.
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends.
- BS/MS degree in an analytical or data driven discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years analytics experience in financial services, audit or consulting.
- Up-to-date knowledge of machine learning and data analytics tools and techniques.
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation.
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with RSA Archer and common data analytics tools a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and creative thinker.
- Some travel required.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.