Lead Accountant - Compensation and BenefitsApply Now Full Job Title: Lead Accountant - Compensation and Benefits Job Number: R1907-13689 Location: Irving, Texas Date Posted: 07/11/2019
Lead Accountant – Benefits and Compensation
Founded in Evansville, Indiana in 1920, OneMain Holdings, Inc. provides loans and other credit related products to roughly 2.5 million families in 43 states. We provide bill consolidation loans, personal loans, home improvement loans, auto secured loans, loans for unexpected expenses and vacations. For 90+ years, OneMain Holdings, Inc. has provided the personal lending products our customers need and when they need it.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill a Lead Accountant role in our Benefits/Compensation Accounting Department to be located at our Irving, Texas office. This position is focused on ensuring proper accounting for the Operating Expenses of the Company, with specific focus on stock-based compensation, employee benefits and defined benefit plans.
Our Las Colinas Office offers some unique perks. We have free covered parking, on-site fitness center and we’re in walking distance to the new Music Factory Entertainment complex, with excellent dining and social gathering options. Our Controller's Culture Committee is focused on building and maintaining a great place to work, and our NASBA Sponsorship supports meeting our Team Members CPE Requirements. You will have exposure to Capital Markets, SEC Reporting, Loan Accounting, Close/Consolidations, Policy/Technical Accounting, SOX and other key functions. We have a casual, collaborative and flexible work environment with many opportunities for growth and development.
Successful candidates applying for the Lead Accountant – Benefits/Compensation Accounting position will be able to execute the following duties:
- Prepare or review journal entries and reconciliations or other reporting, as required for monthly close processes.
- Produce monthly reports that analyze compensation and benefit related expense trends and other management reporting.
- Develop and implement expense accounting policies/procedures to achieve efficiencies and ensure the proper recording of expenses for various compensation and benefit programs.
- Collaborate with business partners to monitor and support accounting and disclosure needs related to stock compensation programs, employee benefits and pension plans
- Assist in coordination of annual review of SOX controls, including review of SOC-1 reports, process narratives and flowcharts.
- Interact and coordinate with external auditors in the audit of financial statements for the consolidated company and various benefit plans.
Candidates applying to this position will be considered based upon the follow demonstrated qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate is preferred
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Accounting is a plus
- 3+ years of progressive experience in accounting roles
- Prior experience with a large, publicly-traded entity a plus
- Benefits accounting experience desired, to include stock compensation
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written
- Ability to think, and work, independently resolving challenging issues under tight deadlines
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.