Lead Data AnalystApply Now Full Job Title: Lead Data Analyst Job Number: R1904-12020 Location: Irving, Texas; Evansville, Indiana Date Posted: 04/11/2019
As one of the nation's largest consumer finance organizations, OneMain serves more than 2 million customers with personal loans and other credit-related products. "Lending Done Human" reflects our commitment to putting customers first. For 90+ years, we've made the OneMain promise of friendly, fast and affordable financing a reality for our customers.
As Lead Data Analyst within the Internal Audit Division, you will drive the development of a data analytics program intended to: support/supplement internal audit testing and coverage; cultivate meaningful information on the effectiveness of the company control structure and maturity level of governance, risk management and compliance functions; automate audit and data analysis processes to optimize efficiency and effectiveness; and, make data more accessible to the audit team using data visualization techniques. This position is responsible for modeling complex business problems and discovering business insights using statistical, algorithmic, mining, and visualization techniques.
Data analytics, big data, robotic process automation, artificial intelligence, etc. have all become hot topics in business. The ideal candidate for this position has the experience and education to lead Internal Audit in the understanding, development and use of these emerging concepts. This position can be based in Irving, TX or Evansville, IN.
- Translates business needs into analytics/reporting requirements to support audit executive decisions and workflows with required information
- Proactively mines data warehouses to identify trends and patterns and generates insights for business units and Audit leadership
- Performs large-scale experimentation to identify hidden relationships between variables in large data sets
- Drive and support auditor use of analytics in individual engagements and create new methods for better understanding risk.
- Utilize data mining techniques to provide evidence for audits/investigations, documentation of working papers and report audit findings to stakeholders and senior management.
- Utilize historical trends and predictive models, to identify business control weakness/deficiency and emerging risks.
- Optimize the audit workflow and use of the GRC application.
- Identify and develop continuous auditing opportunities using data analytics with focus on control effectiveness, governance and risk management.
- Provide meaningful data analysis covering departmental objectives, audit bench marking and issue trends for a variety of organizational reporting requirements (including Audit Committee).
- Independently and accurately document, evaluate, and communicate the results and conclusions of all work performed.
- Conduct and effectively handle special assignments for management as requested.
- BS/MS degree in an analytical or data driven discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years analytics experience in financial services, audit or consulting.
- Up-to-date knowledge of machine learning and data analytics tools and techniques.
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation.
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with RSA Archer and common data analytics tools a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and creative thinker.
- Some travel required.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.