Senior Accountant – Technical Accounting & PolicyApply Now Full Job Title: Senior Accountant – Technical Accounting & Policy Job Number: R2204-30571 Location: Irving, Texas Date Posted: 04/27/2022
Senior Accountant – Technical Accounting & Policy
The Senior Accountant for Technical Accounting & Policy role is structured around strategic transactions, corporate accounting opinions/briefs affecting companywide decisions, and financial reporting and technical research relating to SEC filings.
In the Role
- Support the accounting considerations related to various strategic transactions and analysis conducted by various operating functions within the Company.
- Produce technical accounting research position papers for management across all layers of the company to support recommendations or suggest changes to current projects
- Interact and coordinate with external auditors to address technical issues
- Interpret and implement new accounting standards
- Develop, challenge, and implement new corporate accounting policies/procedures
- Generation of ad hoc reports and decision briefs based upon technical accounting issues translatable to a broad audience
- Review and research financial reporting matters related to SEC reporting
- Experience generating reports utilizing technical research and writing skills will be crucial to the success of any individual in this position
- Develop and present technical trainings to the Controllership to support continuing professional education
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of progressive experience in public accounting and/or an accounting/accounting policy department
- Strong technical research and writing skills
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Ability to think, and work, independently resolving challenging issues
- MBA or master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Consumer Lending and Finance experience a plus
Location: Irving, Texas
Our Las Colinas Office offers some unique perks. We have free covered parking, on-site fitness center and café, and we’re within walking distance to the Music Factory Entertainment complex, with excellent dining and social gathering options. Our Controller's Culture Committee is focused on building and maintaining a great place to work while providing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community, and our NASBA Sponsorship supports meeting our Team Members CPE Requirements. We have a casual, collaborative and flexible hybrid work environment with many opportunities for growth and development
Who we Are
OneMain Financial (NYSE: OMF) is the leader in offering nonprime customers responsible access to credit and is dedicated to improving the financial well-being of hardworking Americans. Since 1912, we’ve looked beyond credit scores to help people get the money they need today and reach their goals for tomorrow. Our growing suite of personal loans, credit cards and other products help people borrow better and work toward a brighter future.
Driven collaborators and innovators, our team thrives on transformative digital thinking, customer-first energy and flexible work arrangements that grow lives, careers and our company. At every level, we’re committed to an inclusive culture, career development and impacting the communities where we live and work. Getting people to a better place has made us a better company for over a century. There’s never been a better time to shine with OneMain.
Because team members at their best means OneMain at our best, we provide opportunities and benefits that make their health and careers a priority. That’s why we’ve packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
- Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (10% share discount)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Bonus eligible
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time
- And more
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.