SOX Analyst (Intermediate)Apply Now Full Job Title: SOX Analyst (Intermediate) Job Number: R2006-18913 Location: Irving, Texas Date Posted: 06/08/2020
OneMain Financial (NYSE: OMF) is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
We are currently seeking a SOX Analyst (Intermediate) for our Corporate SOX Team in Irving, TX.
Our Las Colinas Office offers some unique perks. We have free covered parking, on-site fitness center and we’re in walking distance to the new Music Factory Entertainment complex, with excellent dining and social gathering options. Our Controller's Culture Committee is focused on building and maintaining a great place to work, and our NASBA Sponsorship supports meeting our Team Members CPE Requirements. We have a casual, collaborative and flexible work environment with many opportunities for growth and development.
The SOX Analyst (Intermediate) independently conducts financial and operational audits to ensure adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting and to evaluate operational effectiveness and efficiency. Some responsibilities include:
- Independently performs process documentation and analyzes the current operating processes and policies to identify and measure various types of risk.
- Assists with the identification of risks and controls and the preparation of test scripts.
- Performs tests of design and tests of operating effectiveness for key controls.
- Assists with the remediation of key control failures with process owners to evaluate root causes for the failure and determine potential solutions to improve the internal control environment.
- Identifies improper accounting or documentation and researches issues and makes recommendations to improve policies or procedures accordingly.
- Independently and accurately documents, evaluates, and communicates the results and conclusions of all audit work performed in accordance with workpaper documentation standards.
- Serves as a point of contact between the organization, external auditors and the SOX team.
- Conducts and effectively handles special assignments for management as requested.
- Travel time of 10% required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- 2 plus years external audit, internal audit, Sarbanes-Oxley or accounting experience
- Financial Services experience a plus, Big 4 Experience a plus
- CPA or CIA Certification or Candidate designation
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.