Intern - Consumer Lending Specialist
Kansas City, Missouri
OneMain takes pride in growing the future of the company by providing Intern Consumer Lending Specialists with a realistic experience working for our customers. Interns in this role are empowered to help provide our customers solutions to best achieve their goals and are rewarded for help growing the business. This is a paid internship that allows the Intern to view the full life-cycle of consumer lending and be part of a successful team.
- Level: Entry/Intern
- Travel: Minimal
- Salary: Starting at $12/hr
What makes a successful Intern–Consumer Lending Specialist at OneMain?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Ambitious 10
- Adaptable 9
- Communicator 8
- Team player 7
- Goal-oriented 6
- Enthusiastic 5
Intern- Personal Loan Specialist
Lending Done Human
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is a leading consumer finance company providing responsible loan products to customers through its nationwide branch network and the internet. The company has a 100-year track record of high-quality origination, underwriting and servicing of personal loans, primarily to non-prime consumers.
"Lending Done Human" reflects our commitment to putting our customers first. Our commitment starts with our team members. Our goal is to deliver the best customer experience and empower our customers to take control of their finances, with responsible lending and overall transparency.
Your Impact/About You
OneMain Financial is seeking Talented, Driven, Motivated and Ambitious Interns who are interested in pursuing a career in the consumer finance industry. Our Internship program offers the NEXT step in your early career. As an Intern – Personal Loan Specialist, you will gain valuable, hands-on experience from the best professionals in the business while learning about the financial services industry. OneMain’s internship program is a great opportunity for college students interested in developing leadership, sales and communication skills while in a friendly, fast-paced and highly supportive environment.
In the Role
- Assist customers in making financial decisions to help achieve financial goals
- Manage servicing and collections loan activities
- Learn credit underwriting techniques and all facets of direct consumer lending
- Educate customers on the terms/conditions of loan to ensure understanding
- Follow-up on leads from customer inquiries (online or via customer service)
- Ensure all lending procedures comply with company guidelines and meet regulations
- Network within the community to gain referral business
- Current college junior or senior pursuing a business-related degree
- Available full-time during summer months and flexible hours during the Spring and Fall semesters
- Exceptional communication and follow-up skills
Take the first step toward of gaining valuable hands-on experience in the financial services industry while learning from some of the best professionals in the business! Apply Today!
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.