Consumer Collections Specialists provide a human experience to our customers during times of hardship with their accounts. The goal of this position is to help our customers succeed in fulfilling their financial obligations to OneMain resolving past due account matters.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry to Mid-Level
- Travel: None
What makes a successful Consumer Collections Specialist at OneMain?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
At OneMain, Collections Specialists contact customers to help them fulfill their financial obligations by arranging for repayment or settlement of account balances and offering appropriate products or services. Our work focuses on our existing customers with long-term relationships with us. This role will span servicing and collections of personal loans and credit cards. Collection Specialists focus on effective customer communication and assisting customers through digital channels, including web chat, text, and phone communications.
In the Role:
- Help customers with all financial servicing needs through inbound and outbound contact.
- Work with our clients in a consultative manner, following all applicable laws, policies, and procedures
- Negotiate with customers to resolve account matters
- Maintain and note all appropriate information and documentation on customer and account status. Collaborate with others on the team involved with collecting and servicing accounts
- Investigate, research, and track consumer information using online skip-tracing tools
- Work together as both team member and individual contributor in a goal-oriented environment to meet personal and team targets
- Maintain compliance with FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) and state regulations
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual: Spanish
- Sales, customer service or collections experience in retail, call center, or business-to-business environments is highly preferred
- Active listening and communication
- Skilled at achieving and exceeding goals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
The average work week has three days during standard business hours and up to two late nights (up to 8p). The schedule includes at least one Saturday per month, one late Friday and some extended hours at the end of each month.
Who we Are
OneMain Financial (NYSE: OMF) is the leader in offering nonprime customers responsible access to credit and is dedicated to improving the financial well-being of hardworking Americans. Since 1912, we’ve looked beyond credit scores to help people get the money they need today and reach their goals for tomorrow. Our growing suite of personal loans, credit cards and other products help people borrow better and work toward a brighter future.
Driven collaborators and innovators, our team thrives on transformative digital thinking, customer-first energy and flexible work arrangements that grow lives, careers and our company. At every level, we’re committed to an inclusive culture, career development and impacting the communities where we live and work. Getting people to a better place has made us a better company for over a century. There’s never been a better time to shine with OneMain.
Because team members at their best means OneMain at our best, we provide opportunities and benefits that make their health and careers a priority. That’s why we’ve packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
- Health and wellbeing options including medical, prescription, dental, vision, hearing, accident, hospital indemnity, and life insurances
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (10% share discount)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off (15 days' vacation per year, plus 2 personal days, prorated based on start date)
- Paid sick leave as determined by state or local ordinance, prorated based on start date
- Paid holidays (7 days per year, based on start date)
- Paid volunteer time (3 days per year, prorated based on start date)
Key Word Tags
Sales, Retail, Loan Sales, Customer Service, Customer Care, Business Development, New Grad, Newly Graduated, Entry level, Financial Sales, Management Development, Management Trainee, Finance, Full-time, Career, Benefits, Customer experience, Financial Representative, Credit, Leadership, Manager Trainee
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
401(k)/ Retirement Plans
Paid Time Off
VIP (Variable Incentive Pay)