Consumer Collections Specialists provide a human experience to our customers during times of hardship with their accounts. The goal of this position is to help our customers succeed in fulfilling their financial obligations to OneMain resolving past due account matters.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry to Mid-Level
- Travel: None
- Salary: Starting $29,000 and above, qualifies for incentive pay
What makes a successful Consumer Collections Specialist at OneMain?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Results-driven 10
- Good listener 9
- Goal-oriented 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Outgoing 6
- Problem-solver 5
401(k)/ Retirement Plans
Paid Time Off
VIP (Incentive Pay)
Come to the OneMain Job Fair
2 October from - 9 AM to 5:30 PM
725 Industrial Boulevard, London, KY 40741
We will have on-site interviews to hire 20 new team members for a training
class starting on 28 October 2019. If you are interested apply today!
What do you need in your career?
- The ability to make a difference in people’s lives?
- Affirmation, recognition, and reward for your efforts?
- Paid time for volunteer work?
- Opportunities to advance and control your income and future?
- A full-time position with medical, dental, vision, free life insurance, 401k, and up to 27 paid days off your first year?
- A supportive team dedicated to diversity and work-life balance?
If you said yes to any of the above, keep on reading because OneMain is your place to succeed.
You will contact customers to help them to fulfill their financial obligations by arranging for repayment or settlement of account balances. Our work focuses on our existing customers who have long term relationships with us.
As a OneMain professional, you will:
- Work with our clients in a consultative manner in accordance with all applicable laws, policies, and procedures
- Negotiate with customers to resolve account matters
- Maintain and notate all appropriate information and documentation on customer and account status. Collaborate with others on the team involved with collections of accounts
- Investigate, research, and track consumer information using online skip tracing tools
- Work together as both team member and individual contributor in a goal-oriented environment to meet individual and team targets
- Maintain compliance with FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) and state regulations
Skills we’re looking for:
- A proven track record of an ability to listen and offer appropriate products or services
- Sales experience in retail, call-center, or business to business environments is highly preferred
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent and engaging communication skills
- Multi-tasking and goal achieving
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Capability to quickly analyze challenging problems / situations and provide solutions
- College education preferred, but not required
- Bilingual English / Spanish skills a plus, but not required
The average work week has three days during standard business hours (8 AM – 4:30 PM or 9 AM – 5:30 PM) and up to two late nights of 12 PM – 9 PM, up to two Saturdays per month and some extended hours at the end of each month.
- Excellent and competitive base pay and monthly un-capped bonus opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, free life insurance, 401K, up to 27 paid days off your first year, and tuition reimbursement
We are America’s premier personal finance company with over 100 years of stability and creative growth. Our company provides personal loans, insurance, and other related financial products to more than 2.4 million consumers in communities across the country through a network of over 1,700 branches with more than 10,000 employees. We are committed to responsible lending, regulatory compliance and have an active program of outreach to each of our communities and business partners.
Take the first step toward a challenging and rewarding career at OneMain and apply today!
OneMain is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to know more? Text OneMain to 97211
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.