Customer CARE Advocate (On-site)Apply Now Full Job Title: Customer CARE Advocate (On-site) Job Number: R2106-25990 Location: London, Kentucky Date Posted: 06/29/2021
Founded over 100 years ago, OneMain is America’s premier personal finance company. Our company provides personal loans, insurance, and other related financial products to more than 2.4 million consumers in communities across the country through a network of over 1,800 branches with more than 10,000 employees. We are committed to responsible lending, regulatory compliance, and an active program of outreach to the Investment Community.
As a Customer CARE Advocate, you will be responsible for assisting in resolving customer concerns in initial contact for a multitude of customer inquiries. This role will span account acquisition, servicing, and collections, with a focus on effective customer communication. Assisting customers through digital channels, including web chat, text and phone communications. Interactions will involve setting up payment arrangements for customers experiencing a financial setback, resolving customer issues and concerns, opening new loans, providing website technical assistance, insurance questions, general account maintenance, as well as responding to customer service and account related questions. Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to research information and respond accurately and expediently to customer requests. The ability to provide a positive professional customer experience will be essential to being successful in this role. Other essential skills include sales, customer service and/or collections experience. Exceptional customer service, active listening, problem solving, and ability to work independently and collaboratively is a must.
- Responding to calls utilizing an inbound and outbound dialer, with focus on quality and first call resolution.
- OneMain website support, including technology assistance, password resets and a multitude of customer support activities, including payment arrangements, addressing customer concerns when they receive a declined notification.
- Handling customer complaints, branch issues, delinquency levels and refunds.
- Multiple portfolio servicing, including cash advances, convenience checks and settlements.
- Work with clients in a consultative manner in accordance with all applicable laws, policies, and procedures.
- Negotiate with customers to resolve account matters.
- Maintain and notate all appropriate information and documentation on customer accounts.
- Lien releases paid out processing, questions regarding closed or resolved accounts.
- Work together as both team member and individual contributor in a goal-oriented environment to meet individual and team targets.
- Maintain compliance with FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act), all state and federal regulations concerning telephone servicing.
- Customer Communication through digital channels, including web chat, text, and phone communication, while successfully navigating systems to provide accurate and timely customer responses.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- High School / GED Diploma required.
- 2-4 years’ Call Center experience preferred.
- Proven track record and demonstrated ability to listen and offer appropriate products or services and customer solutions.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Excellent and engaging communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment and work in several systems simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly analyze challenging problems / situations and provide solutions.
- Bilingual English / Spanish skills a plus, but not required
- Sales, customer service and collections experience, including experience in providing customer service by phone and digital.
- Understanding of Financial Compliance Rules.
- Proficient keyboard skills and experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to multitask, with a high degree of accuracy.
- A quality and detail-oriented focus, with ability to obtain & retain information quickly.
- Receptive to feedback, coaching and development.
- Flexibility, with customers, teammates and management; open for change.
- Core Hours for the Customer CARE Advocate position are Mon - Fri - 8:00 AM EST to 9:00 PM EST and Saturday 8:00 AM EST to 6:00 PM EST, including some evenings and weekends as business needs dictate.
- Individual schedules will vary based on business needs and site location.
- Creative and flexible schedules may be available
- Work environment to include both in office and work from home based on business needs.
- OneMain offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive base pay with additional discretionary bonuses.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, holiday and vacation time off
OneMain prides itself on internal growth opportunities through training and development as well as career growth opportunities through internal promotions. Take the first step toward a challenging and rewarding career at OneMain and apply today!
OneMain is an equal opportunity employer.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.