Human Resources Business Partner, London KYApply Now Full Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner, London KY Job Number: R1912-16598 Location: London, Kentucky Date Posted: 12/02/2019
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of people. We are building on our foundation by investing in our digital capabilities and innovative, personalized ways to engage with our customers. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases.
OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
We are currently seeking a professional Human Resources Business Partner for our field team of about 380 employees. The position is based in London, KY and reports to the Vice President, Human Resources who is based in Evansville, IN. As a critical member of the HR team, the HRBP is in both a strategic and hands-on role focused on creating a great place to work, positive team member relations, building leadership capability, while aligning HR objectives with business goals. This individual will partner with the business leaders to develop business objectives and align people practices delivering organizational results. The HRBP will strengthen the leadership team by driving an inclusive and diverse culture by providing coaching and consultation to leaders to further develop their leadership capability. Primary responsibilities include:
- Partner with operations leadership to shape the vision and align people practices driving high performance
- Coach managers to pro-actively manage performance and other employee relations issues
- Take a hands-on approach, encouraging a high level of employee engagement
- Lead resolution of Employee Relations situations, including investigations
- Use data and analytics of key HR metrics to drive improvement and business results such as attrition, engagement surveys, etc. Work with the business on retention strategies
- Exude enthusiasm as a team player encouraging a positive work environment
- Cultivate internal and external relationships in support of business and HR goals. Establish strong working partnerships with management team, employees, and HR colleagues
- Objectively assess and diagnose problems, identifying opportunities and driving appropriate solutions
- Manage HR projects and champion initiatives that represent HR in cross-functional initiatives
- Support community relations initiatives by providing leadership or direction to the business on signature campaigns or volunteer committees
- Serve as a liaison with recruiting, compensation and other internal partners
The ideal candidate will have experience interfacing and influencing at all levels of the organization with 5-7 years of human resources generalist experience, HRBP experience preferred. Also needed is experience working within a dynamic work environment executing on multiple priorities simultaneously.Solid understanding and application of Federal and State employment laws, compensation practices and investigative techniques are important. A bachelor’s degree in business, HR, Organizational Psychology or related field strongly preferred. Certification in HR is also preferred. We also seek the following competencies:
- Results oriented with strong business acumen to consult on organizational development
- Exceptional coaching and consultative skills with solid communication, influencing, and interpersonal skills. Collaborative, valued team member with a demonstrated track record of developing and managing relationships with business partners
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexible, highly adaptable and resilient
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint and Excel. Previous experience in Workday HRM systems is a plus
Our Human Resources team executes through consultative engagement as subject matter experts with our internal teams, external partners and customers. We execute a process that focuses on quality while working at a fast pace. We are a collaborative team with a fun and supportive environment for a growing, evolving company. The growth at OneMain has a dynamic environment for career advancement and rewarding challenges.
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
For more information visit onemainfinancial.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.