Associate Director, CompensationApply Now Full Job Title: Associate Director, Compensation Job Number: R1904-12189 Location: New York, New York Date Posted: 04/18/2019
OneMain has been helping consumers take care of life’s expenses through personal loans for over 100 years. We’ve grown to 1600 branches in 44 states, and we are consistently seeking ways to innovate and better reach our customers. We offer an opportunity to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment with people who value hard work and fresh ideas.
Reporting to the Head of Total Rewards, the associate director of compensation will provide support, analysis, design and execution of broad-based, executive and equity compensation structures and programs in support of strategic objectives and transformational initiatives. The associate director of compensation will also participate in and support the strategy for our benefits programs, as needed.
- Responsible for documentation and management of broad-based, executive compensation and equity processes in support of legal compliance
- Driving broad-based, executive and equity compensation strategy under guidance of our head of total rewards and executive board, to include maintenance, overhaul, adjustment and interpretation of administration practices
- Strategically manage and analyze compensation programs and its components to ensure competitiveness in alignment with company strategy
- Guiding annual salary survey analysis with focus on executive compensation
- Manage analysis and reporting and liaise with decision makers, including legal, in support of Annual Proxy process and SEC filings
- Collaborate with other Corporate Functions including Legal, Accounting, and Tax to ensure accurate reporting and compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Oversee implementation of compensation programs based on keen understanding of legal requirements, accounting best practices and securities matters
- Manage process, reporting and analysis for annual compensation cycle including executive reporting and analysis
- Support development of other team members and lead cross-functional projects
- Collaborate with human resources and other leaders
- Support and inform company executives, as needed, with respect to executive compensation matters
- Participates in and supports strategy for benefits programs, including self-insured and fully-insured insurance programs, 401(k) plan, leave programs, helping to ensure that all programs are competitive with respect to trends, best practices and costs
- Expert-level skill in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree (Advanced Degree strongly preferred)
- 10+ years of progressive experience in compensation
- At least five years of experience in executive compensation for a public entity
- Strong business acumen and focus on balancing strategic outcomes with market competitiveness
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel, as needed (<15%)
- Superior analytical, project and change management skills
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.