Corporate Strategy AnalystApply Now Full Job Title: Corporate Strategy Analyst Job Number: R1911-16511 Location: New York, New York Date Posted: 11/25/2019
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of people. We are building on our foundation by investing in our digital capabilities and innovative, personalized ways to engage with our customers. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases.
OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
We are currently seeking a Corporate Strategy Analyst to join the team in New York City. Reporting to the Vice President of Strategy, the Analyst will research, analyze and evaluate OneMain Financial’s corporate strategy, including competitive intelligence, products, industry trends, evaluation of opportunities, and support of execution. Primary responsibilities include:
- Evaluate industry and competitive trends by conducting strategic analysis and assess industry and competitive trends in the lending industry. Evaluate OneMain’s competitive position in relation to trends and benchmarks, develop analysis for consulting and collaborating with business leaders and source information from outside experts
- Prepare market studies and sizing for new products, channels and markets
- Participate in business unit strategic review to assess long-term strategy
- Prepare materials to communicate strategy and approach to senior leadership, the Board and shareholders, as appropriate
- Perform ad-hoc strategic analysis for executive leadership and/or internal projects
- Support evaluation of potential corporate transactions through investigation, assessment, and documentation of opportunities to support the company’s objectives
- Support valuation and other financial analysis in support of business decisions
- Perform due diligence with internal and external subject matter experts
- Support development of other strategy team members through influence and project management skills
The ideal candidate will have bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience plus at least 2 years of related experience in an analyst role. Experience in consulting or investment baking is preferred. We also seek the following:
- 2+ years experience in Investment banking and/or Capital markets
- Ability to understand and articulate industry and competitive insights
- Superior presentation skills including strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proficiency in financial modeling and analysis
- Experience building materials and presenting business cases
- Ability to synthesize complex financial data and research into executive summaries. Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with business leaders
- Ability to execute against strict deadlines, project management expertise, and a collaborative approach to leading cross-functional teams
- Flexibility in a rapidly-changing environment
- Track record of providing recommendations, analysis and presentations in support of complex business challenges and decisions
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
For more information visit onemainfinancial.com. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.