Intern - Consumer Lending Specialist
OneMain takes pride in growing the future of the company by providing Intern Consumer Lending Specialists with a realistic experience working for our customers. Interns in this role are empowered to help provide our customers solutions to best achieve their goals and are rewarded for help growing the business. This is a paid internship that allows the Intern to view the full life-cycle of consumer lending and be part of a successful team.
- Level: Entry/Intern
- Travel: Minimal
- Salary: Starting at $12/hr
What makes a successful Intern–Consumer Lending Specialist at OneMain?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Ambitious 10
- Adaptable 9
- Communicator 8
- Team player 7
- Goal-oriented 6
- Enthusiastic 5
Lending Done Human - Delivering the care our customers deserve
Founded over 100 years ago, OneMain Holdings Inc., is America’s premier personal finance company offering responsible and transparent personal and automobile loans. With more than 1,600 locations throughout 45 states, OneMain is committed to helping consumers with their financial needs. OneMain and its 10,000 team members are dedicated to the communities in which they live and work.
Gain valuable experiencewith a leader in the field
If you are seeking a paid internship that offers a wealth of experience in the world of personal finance and business, consider the OneMain Internship. As an Intern – Consumer Lending Specialist, you will receive training and guidance while learning about the financial services industry. OneMain’s internship program is a great opportunity for college students interested in developing leadership, sales and communication skills while in a friendly, fast-paced and highly supportive environment.
In this internship, you will learn every facet of direct consumer lending, including:
- Assisting customers with understanding options which could help them achieve their financial goals
- Credit underwriting techniques and skills
- Working as an individual contributor
- Networking within the community
- Business development and sales
Through your understanding of our personal loan products, you will establish and build customer relationships while assisting consumers with making educated decisions that help them achieve their financial goals.
The rewards your commitment deserves
OneMain’s internship program enables students to gain valuable, hands-on experience from the best professionals in the business. Throughout the internship experience, you can expect:
- A paid internship offering monthly bonus incentives
- New Hire orientation and training
- Learn about OneMain’s operations
- Learn to Sell, Underwrite, and Close loans (personal, auto, etc.)
- Receive support from supervisor and team in the pursuit of learning goals
- Opportunity to give back to your community
- Upon graduation, successful interns may continue their career as a Consumer Lending Specialist (Additional opportunities are available for those demonstrating leadership skills and a willingness to relocate)
- Current college junior or senior pursuing a business-related degree
- Available full-time during summer months and flexible hours during the school year
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ideal candidates for a OneMain internship will have high energy and be goal-oriented
- Customer service, sales, and leadership ability or experience
- Willing to work some evenings and Saturdays
- Bilingual skills a plus
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.